Chapter 17: The Kiss

Start from the beginning

I hide my smile when I saw that she's already falling asleep. So I remained silent and watch the movie and patiently waited for her to fall asleep in my bed. After a few more moments she's already soundly sleeping beside me.

Stubborn woman, I mused silently as I slowly arranged her position to the bed so she would be more comfortable. Why couldn't she tell me that she's sleepy and tutored herself on the chair for hours?

I silently cursed when my injured hand ache when I tried to pull the cover-up from Leila's body. Stupid accident. I lowered the volume of the TV and lay in the bed—slowly making sure she doesn't stir—besides my wife. Finally, I sighed with relief. I'm on the same bed as my wife.

I froze when she slightly rouse and grumble something which I couldn't understand. My breath was caught when she suddenly placed her hand on my waist hugging me. I winced when she accidentally touch my bruised body. Dios mio, I wouldn't complain even if it hurts like hell. I placed my hand securely in her and joined her for a late siesta.

It feels damn good to have her back in my arms. I kissed her forehead slightly before closing my eyes and savor the feeling of Leila in my arms.

Leila Fiorenza's POV

Something had awakened me from my dreamless sleep. What is it? I asked myself silently as my eyes were still closed. The unfamiliar bed? Perhaps, the steady breathing of someone next to me? I honestly don't know what had awakened me.

Then I became aware of the familiar hard contour body of a man beside me. Goodness, half of my body was drape to him! I summoned my heavy eyes to shot to open. The first thing I noticed was the dark bedroom. I cursed silently. I slowly removed myself from being tangled with him with the purposed of slipping out of his room.

"Going somewhere?" His familiar voice sounded in the dark. I mentally winced when I realized that he was awake all this time."

"What time is it?" I asked when I remove my leg that was wrapped to his thighs. I could feel his firm arousal with my legs. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

He moved a little to look at the time on the clock on the bedside table. "It's quarter past seven, my wife."

I scowled, why did I sleep that long? "You should have woken me up, Leandro. Did you already have your dinner? You should eat on time you need to drink your medicine." Why his room was so dark I can't see anything? "Could you please open some lights here? It's so dark a barely see anything."

I was about to sit up from the bed when he stopped me. "Stay with me here for a moment, Leila. Por favor?"

I stared at him in darkness with a frown on my face. "I need to tell the maids to fix your dinner. Look it's already late."

"I'm in pain."

I stopped dead in my direction and stared at him for a moment. My heart gave an odd squeeze at the thought that he's in pain. "Where does it hurt, Leandro? Do you want me to call for a doctor? No—wait here, I would just take a phone call."

He tugged me back from the bed and lay beside him. "Shh...just stay here and I will be fine, mi esposa."

I glared at him, as he managed to wrap his hands around me. "Are playing games with me, Leandro Salazar?"

I heard him laughed softly from the room. "No, I'm really in pain." He placed my hand on his manhood. "See?"

Despite the darkness of his room, I could feel that my cheeks flamed. This devil was certainly playing games with me. "T-That has nothing to do with me, you idiot!"

I heard him laughed again and this time he whispered something in my ears that made me shivered his breath felt so hot in my ears. "Have you forgotten our agreement, Mrs. Salazar? One insult. One kiss."

"Do you want me to break your other arm, Leandro?" I threatened him darkly when I realized that the seducer was finally back on his track of seducing me. "Just give me the go signal I will gladly do it."

He remained silent for a moment that I thought he finally heeds my warning. Then he spoke again that made me shocked. "Can I request something from you, Leila?"

"What is it?"

"Can you kiss me?" He asked seriously as we lay in his bed intertwine.

I stared at his face in disbelief. He must be joking, I concluded silently. I couldn't decide if he's still playing games with me or he's fully serious with his request. "Why do you want a kiss when you can get it from me whenever you want?"

He slowly touched my heated cheeks. "I want a kiss from you. A real kiss that comes from you, not the usual one that I just forced myself to you to get. Would you grant me this small favor, Leila?"

"What do you achieve from that?"

"Happiness," He supplied with laughter in his dark sexy voice. "The knowledge that you finally kiss me again with your own will after so long."

"After that, you will have your dinner then?" I asked thoughtfully when my heart pounded so hard in my chest.

"Yes, I promised."

"All right," I took his face in my hands and slowly guided his face towards me to give him the kiss he wanted. I kissed him slowly like it was my first time kissing a man in my life. To be honest, I am quite nervous about this. So I kept the pace of the kiss slowly and sweet until I was satisfied that I already fulfilled his request. "There."

"Thank you, mi amor."

"Now for your dinner," I jumped off the bed and didn't wait for him to speak again to ask the maids to fix his dinner.  As usual, he wants me to have dinner with him in his room. So the maids arrange a table for two in his room as we ate our meal.

Once we're done eating and it's already past eight in the evening. I was about to go in my room to sleep when I heard him. "Wait..."

"What now?" I asked a little bit irritated as I look at him.

"Can I ask one small favor for the last time, Leila?" He asked from the bed, looking at me intently.

I tucked my hands in the middle of my chest. I sighed as I look at him questioningly. "What is it?"

I could see that he swallowed hard. "Can you sleep with me tonight? I promise you no-string-attached just sleep beside me, that's all." When I look at him skeptically he added. "If touch you the wrong way you can always go to your room."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," He answered with a smile in his eyes when I started to climb into his bed again. "I promise, Leila."

"All right, fine," I said with a sigh as I took my side of the bed. "Keep your promise, Leandro. Or you will suffer two broken arms tomorrow morning I assure you."

"Good night, wife." He said cheerfully as he turned off the lampshade, the room went dark again. I faced the other direction of the bed away from him as I closed my eyes thinking this is going to be the longest night of my life.