he looked at the simple yet mouthwatering visuals the noodles had. it's shimmering broth made it even tastier to look at along with the savory scent that made you hungrier.

seola chuckled when she returned to their shared table to see sunghoon staring intently at the bowl of noodles without touching it yet. she sat down and chuckled, "good thing you waited for me," she reached for the lid of one of the many containers that were beside the storage for the utensils.

sunghoon cluelessly watched her place a handful of shredded dried seaweed on top of his noodles. she smiled at him with her eyes creasing up, "this is our special knife-cut noodles so you better enjoy it, and cheer up for a bit."

"thank you for the food," he bowed his head slightly to mr ahn's direction, who was also anticipating for him to taste the noodles he made to comfort him.

he got his chopsticks and mixed the noodles under the soup with it. he grabbed a nice amount of noodles and drowsed it in the broth before slurping them. he started to chew quietly as seola impatiently kicked his foot lightly under the table with an innocent smile, "come on, what's the verdict?"

he tried to hide a smile and looked at the side to hide his puffy cheeks that were full of noodles, "it's.. good," her face brightened and the two ahns clapped in unison.

"i knew that taking you here was a good option!" she proudly patted her back as a reward.

mr ahn laughed as he removed his apron, "i'm glad you found it good. please continue enjoying your food. and seola keep eye on the restaurant for a bit, i'll be stepping out for a minute," he said before waving at the two youngsters goodbye and going out the door in a rush.

sunghoon turned around in a daze, covering his mouth with his hand as he gently chewed.

"where's your father going?"

"oh, probably to help the grandma across the street. he helps her around this time to carry stuff," she said, while mixing her own noodles. "in return, the grandma's granddaughter works part-time here in the restaurant."

sunghoon lifted his head from the bowl, touched by the act. "that's cool," he comments.

he smiled at her, "your dad is a good person."

"he is. so, don't get scared when you see him next time," sunghoon shyly looks away, "ah. i'll try," he said.

their talks furthered on, less bickering in comparison to yesterday. with the bowls of noodles becoming warmer, it decreased in proportion as well as they finished their food while they chatted.

the chime they had by the door suddenly rang, indicating there was someone by the door.

seola quickly turned around, "please wait for a while.. huh?" her voice dropped in tone when she recognized two familiar faces walking inside the restaurant.

sunghoon looked up to her from eating, confused with her sudden halt. "why? what's the matter?" he placed down his chopsticks and turned his head around.

his eyes widened to see the president and vice president, kwon hana and lee heeseung, together wearing casual clothes rather than the school's uniform they were accustomed to.

heeseung tilted his head when he met the eyes of the two, "are my eyes deceiving me or is seola and sunghoon right in front of us?"

hana glanced back and forth at her two juniors' shocked expressions. she looked back to her boyfriend, who still wore a clueless face, "i think they're in the middle of a date," she whispered over to heeseung.

heeseung's face lightened and he instantly grinned, "then are we like the first ones to know?!" he excitedly whispered back. she scoffed, "probably."