⚕️Pulse⚕️

Start from the beginning

I choke at his words and he's quick enough to place a glass of water in front of me. Wow.

"Won't you ask me about my past relationships?"

"Does not matter. If I am your endgame, that is all that matters to me." With that he turns back and starts washing.

Woah!

"Alright, even if you don't ask I'll still tell. I have dated around 4 people in my life. Two men and two women. Sadly, it didn't end well though one of them, a guy turned out to be my best friend." At the thought of Ian I smile.

"What happened?" I didn't realise that he had stopped washing.

"What?" I ask and he repeats, "What happened between you two?" Has his voice changed or am I just feeling that it's a bit rough?

"Ah, Ian had to go back to London. We were better off as friends. He has different taste when it comes to sex and is possessive in bed with me-" suddenly the glass crashes and next moment I sprint to where he is standing.

"What the fuck?" Taking his hand in mine I inspect if any shards are stuck. Luckily it's a minor cut. "Be careful Wangji. We don't want your pretty hands to be sutured up. Do you have any turmeric?" I enquire and he points out to a drawer. Taking out a bottle, after cleaning his hand with cold water, I apply the powder on his wound.

"I assumed doctors don't believe in age old medicines." Sporting a strained smile he makes a jest and I huff, "Well I do. This acts like an antiseptic. Now Move."

Pushing him away gently I start cleaning the broken glass and throw them away and continue to wash all the remaining dishes.

"Leave it, someone else will clean them." His voice is gentle and I choose to ignore his words. "It's alright. You have already cleaned most of them. Just these few and we'll be done."

Suddenly my ears perk up as I hear soft jazz music resonating around the room.

"Did he hurt you?" At Wangji's question I turn towards him perplexed and ask, "Hurt? Who?"

"Ian." There it is. His voice is gruff again. Wait, is he jealous?

"Ian? Nope, he's a sweetheart." Waiting for a reaction, Wangji does not disappoint when a frown mars his face. So he is jealous. This is fun!

"Ian and I never slept together. He... just liked stuff that I wasn't open to." Leaving it there I wait for Wangji's curiosity to get better of him and it did. "What do you like?" His posture becomes more dominant and I grin.

Wiping my hand in the towel I grin and wink, "Now now, isn't this too soon of a question for our first date?"

"What did he want that you didn't like Wei Wuxian?" Taking a step forward he traps me between his body and the counter behind and even though we weren't touching each other, I could feel his heat radiate from him.
"What. Did. He. Want. Wei Wuxian?" Wangji enunciates every word and I gulp and whisper, "He wanted to share me with others."

A brief pause and his pupils dilates, "With me there won't be sharing, Wei Wuxian. You will be all mine."

Wow.

Giving him a nervous laugh I slip away, not that I was uncomfortable but rather it is quite opposite. This was getting comfortable way too quickly for me. This man is a force to reckon with.

"What about you?" Safely resuming my seat from before I ask and take a sip of water from the glass as he places his two hands on the counter, they bunch under his shirt and I have to look away.