Chapter 14: Traveler

Start from the beginning

" I remember now, I guess welcome to Liyue. " He told Diluc.

" May I take your order? " Xiangling asked and stared at Diluc.

" I would like to have what (y/n) will order as well. " Diluc said resting his chin on his palm. Xiangling then looked at me.

" Uhh... Maybe a Tianshu Meat and- "

" Well take everything. " Zhongli interrupted and we all stared at him in shock.

" It would be nice to make Master Diluc feel welcome by having him feast on Liyue's finest cuisines. " Zhongli said with a kind smile.

" Uh-... I- "

" Even the Condensed slime? " I asked Zhongli and he nodded. Xiangling happily nodded and left. Diluc's face became pale.

" No worries, Ms. Xiangling here is great at experimenting with flavors. " Zhongli told Diluc to reassure him.

" Yeah. The weirder stuff she puts in, the better I guess... " I told Diluc and he just sighed.

A couple of minutes later, Xiangling came back with the orders. Diluc signed after seeing his plate, " Ugh... " He groaned and as some of the orders are also slowly coming out ot the kitchen. I then handed him the chopsticks, he just stared at it.

" Oh, by the way, have you been using the chopsticks I gave you, Childe? " Zhongli asked Childe.

" Uh. About that... I have but still couldn't get the hang of it... " Childe told Zhongli.

" Wait, are there no options? " Diluc asked me.

" Since you are at Liyue, you will need to be adept with chopsticks if you are to truly appreciate Liyue's gastronomy. " Zhongli said and did another sip with his tea. I heard Diluc growl as he took the chopsticks off my grasp. He then stared at a dish that's in front of him.

" I-is that a lizard's tail? " I asked pointing something that's popping out of the dish. Xiangling just chuckled.

" Here's the Tianshu Meat, (y/n). The boar used is from Springvale. " Xiangling said with a cheerful smile. I nodded and thanked her and looked at Diluc.

" You probably want this instead, Diluc. " I told him, handing over the plate to him.

" Well, at least it's not worst than I thought. " He said and took it without hesitation.

Minutes later after all the orders arrived, Childe and Diluc have been struggling with their chopstick, while Zhongli's casually eating beside me.

I sighed and helped Diluc with his chopsticks by teaching him how to use them. " Why does it look so easy when you're doing it? " He asked me and I just chuckled.

" Here, you should taste this. " I told Diluc and took a piece of shrimp.

" Say 'ahh'. " I told him, he just sighed and looked away with a blush.

" Feed me instead Lady (y/n)! 'Ahh'! " Childe happily opened his mouth.

" Shut your mouth or I'll shove the chopsticks down your throat, Fatui. " Diluc said and glared at Childe, then took the shrimp off the chopsticks.

" So? " I asked him.

" Surprisingly, it tastes gre- "

Diluc was interrupted by the slam of Zhongli's teacup on the table. We all stared in shock and confusingly at him.

" Ahem. " Zhongli cleared his throat and coughed.

" Excuse me, sorry but I almost got choked. " Zhongli said, I then slowly started patting his back.

" Hmph. Mr. Zhongli always knows how to get in our way. " Childe said with a chuckle.

" What? " Zhongli and I asked in unison.

" Oh~ Nothing~ " Childe answered with a smile, Diluc just groaned and stared at us.

After lunch, " About the payment- "

" Well, allow me. I see Mr. Zhongli's the same as ever. When paying- Well, when getting others to pay for him, he neither looks at the price tag nor his wallet. " Childe told me with a chuckle.

" Childe, you are as fond of jokes as ever. " Zhongli told him and I just rolled my eyes at him.

" And here's for the tip, besides, I already know he expected me to pay for everything. " Childe said and Zhongli just chuckled.

Diluc went back to Mondstadt, while Childe went off somewhere because he had to meet some of the new recruits of the Fatui. I was about to go back to the Jade Chamber when someone held my hand.

" Where do you wanna go next? If you'd like to see Liyue's tourist spots. I have a few references. " Zhongli said, I smiled and nodded.

~ Meanwhile at Mondstadt ~

Diluc's POV

" Stormterror attacked Mondstadt while you were away, Master Diluc. " Charles told me, he immediately caught my attention.

" So what did the Knights of Favonius do? " I asked him.

" Well, there's this traveler that saved the whole city, it was said that she's from another world. " He told me.

" Interesting... Thank you for handling the tavern while I'm away, Charles. Perhaps I should stay at Mondstadt for a while since the knights are so incompetent, being saved by a traveler... Such a shame. " I told him and he chuckled.

" No problem, Master Diluc. Maybe you want to inform Lady (y/n) about this? " He asked.

" No need, Ningguang might already know what happened to Mondstadt quicker than I did. " I replied and he nodded.