Smile for Me

Luffy had carried you bridal style back to his ship, the scoldings from his crew suddenly turning into shouts of worry for you. The crew was either yelling at Luffy, worried about what happened to you, or was smiling at the scene in front of them-namely the woman with the long black hair.

Luffy brushed past them all; his first priority was to make sure you were OK. "Don't worry, (Y/n)-chan. You're safe now," Luffy whispered into your ear as he set you down gently onto a bed. A small animal with a blue hat came running in after Luffy, getting things from around the room. 

"That's Chopper. He's our doctor," Luffy muttered to you, fondly stroking your cheek. You leaned into his touch, enjoying the feeling and warmth of his hand. The adrenaline and shock finally wearing off, your eyes drooped as the exhaustion finally set in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you woke from your slumber, Luffy was still by your side. He looked a bit tired; something that didn't fit him. You were used to seeing the happier Luffy, the one with a shining smile. He was grasping onto your hand tightly, partly to tell you that you were safe, and partly to tell himself that you were actually there.

He leaned forward so your foreheads were touching. He held you close, and you could feel his body tremble. "I'm so happy that you're OK," he whispered into your hair. Pushing him back slightly, you looked into his eyes. They were glossing over; the tears building up.

You understood that he was worried for you, but he just couldn't fully grasp the fact that you were safe. You were safe for the time being. "Hey, Luffy," you whispered . You lifted up a hand, caressing his cheek. "Cheer up and go back to the man I know, and smile for me."