It took her a while to realize who was right behind her.

"You are a long way from your hole," she softly stated with her eyes fixed on the men.

Yashiro could easily recognize the smirk on those female lips.

"Right," another man stuttered taking some steps forward. "She hasn't done nothing wrong."

There were already many people in front of her then, including professors. Some started talking to the inspector about the danger of suddenly raising students' stress, which was gradually becoming noticeable among them. Yashiro was pulled back even harder than before and turned around. There was a tall young woman with black short hair and brown eyes. Yashiro had seen her before though she did not remember her name—she only knew she was at least a year older than her.

"We got to go now," she asserted without releasing her arm.

Yashiro shook her head, "I am not going anywhere until you tell me what this is all about."

"There's no time. It's all set up."

Yashiro came to see a familiar van rounding the corner. The same which had picked Sasayama Mitsuru some time ago. She frowned unable to move, and suddenly her words came out weak, barely audible, "Tell them to back off."

"I'm afraid I can't do that, miss."

"That's not for you to decide. Now step aside," ordered the inspector.

Getting a step closer, Yashiro even recognized the face behind the wheel.

"You don't have enough dominators to take us all down."

"Let's see," Kougami muttered with a cigarette in his mouth.

All of a sudden, just as he was about to point his dominator at the young blonde woman, Yashiro broke free of the grasp and made her way toward them.

"Takahashi-san, what do you think—"

Crime coefficient is 43. Not a target for enforcement action. The trigger will be locked.

Kougami arched an eyebrow but it took him a while to lower his gun again. By then both the inspector and the other man were pointing the dominator at no one, for they could not take their eyes off her. Not even Kougami—his were narrowed in a dangerous way.

"Yashiro, this makes no sense. You can't go on with them," the same blonde woman complained behind her.

Only then did the van parked on the other side of the street. Yashiro instantly recognized the barrel of a gun sticking out of the window.

"Watch out!" she pointed at the van with her index finger.

Before she could do anything else, someone grabbed her from behind forcing her to duck for cover. At that very moment, hearing the clamor of multiple people exiting the van, a burst of gunfire riddled the surrounding space. The agents took cover, and among so many students scattering all over the place, she quickly lost sight of them.

She managed to see Kougami acquiring his target—a man in his thirties who was trying to hit Masaoka. Inspector Ginoza positioned himself at the corner of a vehicle instead, and aimed his dominator at a man she remembered almost immediately. It was the one who had taken Kirino Touko in his own arms—now he was nothing but the remains of flesh mashed on the floor.

Yashiro was grabbed tightly by the arm and this time she let herself be guided by the woman, lowering her head at the sound of gunshots. She saw the black short hair ahead of her, yet when they were about to turn right in the courtyard, she stopped in her tracks before they could be seen by the only camera in that area, and slightly tilted her head to point at it.