sungchan sighed, his mood dropping even further. "thanks for stating the obvious" he mumbled to haechan.

"you weren't doing it so someone had to" haechan stated. "but what happened? and just tell me this time"

sungchan hesitated, knowing haechan could easily spread the information sungchan had kept as a secret. "fine fine but don't tell anyone, not even your cat" he told heachan.

"i don't have a cat"

"doesn't matter, what does matter is that i found out that she's my soulmate so we kind of almost kissed but then i didn't because i was supposed to marry bom but even though i didn't see her a lot i still started to like her but then i married bom and she saw so now she hates me and i think renjun likes her because he hates me for breaking her heart." sungchan brought out in one breath.

haechan blinked, trying to process what he had just heard. he just stared at his friend for a few seconds before gasping. "you didn't tell me you were engaged!" he almost yelled.

"shut it! no one is supposed to know, remember?" sungchan tried to shut him up.

haechan threw his hands in the sky, posing as if he was about to get shot and sentenced, almost falling off his horse in the process. "right right, but you really messed this up really quick."

sungchan nodded. "i know and i want to tell her it's all a misunderstanding but i don't know when. renjun is always with her lately"

"don't worry, i'll handle it. just tell her when you see she's alone" haechan told him with a quick wink.

———————————————————————————

in a flash of light, both of their soulmate tattoos disappeared and aera fell to the ground, clutching her heart in pain while sungchan was able to grab a wall to keep him on his feet. this time it wasn't an emotional pain they felt, but a physical one.

as haechan walked out of the in with renjun, he noticed the scene. he felt utterly confused at what could have happened in such a short period of time.

sungchan slowly let himself drop on the floor, holding his chest, his eyes pressed shut. he head renjun trying to calm aera and taking her to a different place.

as sungchan opened his eyes, his gaze flew to his wrist, noticing his soulmate mark to really be gone. he looked up, his eyes meeting haechans who looked at him with confusion.

"what happened?" he asked sungchan, who just held out his wrist. "yeah i know you have a beautiful wrist but tell me what happened" he said, realising only seconds later what had just happened.

"no way! how?"

sungchan shrugged his shoulders, the pain sinking away slowly. "i guess we weren't fated after all"

———————————————————————————

"haechan, please go check on the food supplies with lee mark" the young prince told him, busy making everything sure everything went well.

"excuse me sir, but this man doesn't have any identification with him" a passenger guard told sungchan. he turned to look at the unidentified man who was trying to get past the borders.

"have you checked everywhere? in his pockets, shoes, maybe even underwear?" he asked the hard working men, who nodded to him as a reply. he noticed a the man slipping a hand in the unindented man's back pockets, grabbing a familiar looking piece of paper. just when sungchan was about to say something about it, someone else spoke up.

"throw him to the other side of the borders" renjun spoke out as an order.

"w-wait no! no don't ban the man just yet" sungchan stopped renjuns request, turning to him. "rather than banning the poor man, fire the passenger guard." sungchan told the smaller boy.

"and why fire him? he did nothing wrong" renjun objected.

sungchan turned to the young guard. "i saw him stealing the mans identification papers." he told renjun, annoyed by the doubt of the boy. renjun scoffed, shaking his head. "you might be royal but you don't have any rights to fire just because you please so."

"he stole the identification papers! i wouldn't fire him for nothing" sungchan explained to renjun.

"maybe the man was already a criminal, he might a reason to steal"

sungchan glared at the guard, feeling anger boil up. "and what's your reason?" he asked him.

renjun furrowed his brows, not understanding what sungchan ment. "my reason?"

"yeah your reason to steal aera's heart away?" sungchan brought out, a hurt expression washing onto his face. "she was my soulmate, we were supposed to be happy together but you ruined it. you ruined everything" he said, his voice breaking in the last sentence.

"you ruined everything yourself when you proposed to princess jeon bom" renjun told him harshly.

murmurs were heard behind the two fighting boys as the news of the proposal had comen out. when renjuns words permeated, sungchans eyes grew big.

"that was secret" he softly brought out.