4.

𝗘𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗲𝗺, 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗬𝗼𝗿𝗸
𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝗔𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘂 𝗖𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗸𝘀

I heard the doorbell ring. I looked at Afeni who was laying in bed watching TV. He was now transitioning to underwear so he didn't have nothing on but his underwear and socks.

"I'll be back.." I said standing up off of my bed.

"Bye.." He said holding his hand up, I chuckled and walked out the room and down the steps. I looked through the peephole and noticed that I didn't see anyone so I opened the door slowly.

I looked down and noticed the packages. I grabbed them and walked into the house, closing the door. I locked the door and walked upstairs to my room.

Afeni was still in the same place, watching TV not paying me any attention. I put the packages down on the bed and started opening them, wondering what was inside. "Toys?" He asked.

"I don't know.." I said with a shrug.

I pulled out the IPhone box and smirked a little. "He got me the phone.." I whispered to myself.

"Ouu whats det Pay?" Afeni asked sitting up in the bed on his knees staring at me, I stuck my tongue out at him with a smile.

"I got me a phoneee..." I dragged as I turned it on.

"Ouu we got poneeee.." He dragged dancing side to side, I laughed at him.

"Boy youn got no phone.."

"Uh huh.." He said nodding. "Girl youn got pone.."

"Get out my face.." I said laughing at him.

I unlocked it and noticed that it was already on. "I wonder what my number is.." I said before getting a text message.

Dad

Text me when you get the phone
Put your own password on it
Don't lose this phone either Parish

I have it
Did you put any money on the card?

Yeah
I gave you 300 this month

300 for two months?
Great.
Thanks so much!

I rolled my eyes and threw the phone on the bed. We clearly had to go to the market to get food today and I was hoping I would get more money than 300. I had to pay for Afeni's daycare and get him some more underwear. On top of that, my period was coming so I had to buy pads but I didn't know if I had enough to buy that and more soap and detergent since we were running low on soap and detergent.

I grabbed the second box and opened it to see it was a coat, I furrowed my eyebrows to see that it came from East Hampton. I pulled the coat out and then pulled a smaller coat out as well. I noticed that it was a Moncler coat. I grabbed the note at the bottom of the box and read it.

This is for you and Afeni! Motherhood is always beautiful!

- Lena

I looked at the note in confusion before looking at the coats. These coats were atleast 1 band each and my father could only send me 300 dollars this month? Not only that, but she literally thinks that Afeni is my SON and not my brother? What the actual fuck is going on?