(8)

"Members Only, baby
In the motherfuckin booth"
____

The next morning, y/n woke up in unbearable pain. For a few hours, she just laid in bed, motionless. Small whimpers fell from her mouth, thin growls seeping from her teeth.

Her fingers turned to claws and tore at her sheets over and over, her eyes squeezed shut, her rows of sharp teeth barred in pain.

When Asame texted her, asking if she had gotten home safely, she sobbed as she typed a message she hoped sounded sincere. Her body was on fire, and not in a good way.

She flinched when her phone began vibrating. Looking at the caller ID, it was ryo.

"Hello?"

"Y/n. I need you to come over, Akira is reacting strangely." Just behind his voice y/n could hear Akira crying out agressively, each outburst ending in a pitiful painful whine and sobs.

"I can't move." Y/n huffed out.

"What? Why?"

"Ryo." She growled.
"I am in so much pain right now. I'd rather use my claws to rip my throat out then go to your house."

"You too huh?" The line was silent.

"......YOU DONT KNOW WHY THIS IS HAPPENING-?" Y/n yelled, the end of her sentence fading into a painful whine and a hiss.

"I don't. I'll get back to you, it's best you stay in bed." Ryo stated just before hanging up the phone.

Y/n turned her face into her pillow and sobbed for a moment. What was it about her and Akira that was making them so feel so ill? They couldn't be sick, she hadn't even been near him.

Slowly, she opened google on her phone. She wasn't exactly sure what she was looking for, but one search topic did come to mind.

Charybdis

She scrolled through the first page of google, skimming over a wiki page and a blog article. Soon she found a somewhat legit 80's looking website that discussed mythological beings.

" Charybdis was a vicious sea monster in Greek mythology, which dwelt in the Strait of Messina. It was later rationalised as a whirlpool. She drowned beings that strayed too close to her territory in the water, collecting their bones and keeping them off shore as trophies." She read.

"Well that's flattering."

Reading on, she searched around until she came across another blog. It was made by a man in South Africa who studied the existence of demons.

He had synopsis pages at the top of his link for every demon he's encountered. The end tab was Charybdis.

The page didn't have much on it, and not much caught her eye, that is until she saw the last semi header on the page.

Mating history

The paragraph was short.
"Charybdis doesn't have history of many partners, only one recorded. Amon.... The two demons were bound by the soul and hopelessly in love. A bond that was unchanging and could be broken by any known force."

Bound by Soul? She was bound to Akira....by soul?

"So that's why I'm hurting? Because I fucked someone else?" She said quietly to herself.

Suddenly everything began making sense.
____