He chases close after me and eventually catches up. "Gimme me schedule" he laughs. "Lemme look at it" I say and scan my eyes over the paper. "We have three classes together" I say and hand it back to him.

"Great. I'll have to deal with your annoying ass all day" he shakes his head but I know he's trying to laugh. "Mhm. For three hours a day. Plus lunch and whatever we do after school" I smile and he looks up at me.

"You wanna do sum after school?" he asks me and I shrug. "Why not" I smile and he tries to hide his. "You're not very good at that" I say, throwing up the apple he had in his hand.

"Hm" he questions, shooting me a confused look. "Hiding your emotions" I say blandly. With that, the bell rings.

"Walk me to class?" I suggest and Jah shakes his head. "I gotta go to the E building. You're in A. I'a see you in Chem next period" he waves me off and runs toward the building on the far right.

I walk into the A building and search for my class. "You need help?" Zion asks, peeking at my schedule. "God yes" I sigh. "It's just ova there" he points towards the classroom at the end of the hallway and the thirty-second bell alarms.

I practically sprint towards the class and walk in right as the bell stops. "Right on time" my teacher says to me.

I sit down in the back and open my notebook like it says on the whiteboard. "Welcome to Junior year Marketing" my teacher smiles and the kids let out a dull round of applause.

I spend the next hour learning about the basics of marketing and trading. "Best!" Destiny shouts, running up to me. "Hiii. What class do you have" I ask, giving her a hug.

"Fucking history with that pervy ass teacher" she rolls her eyes. "But Zion's in that class so I don't really care" she cheeses and I smile at her. "You whipped" I say before walking away towards the C building.

I run into Jah on the way and we walk to the classroom together. "How was marketing?" he asks and I shrug. "It was ight" I yawn.

Hours later, we finally get out of school. Football tryouts are today so Diamonté and Kooda are out. "You don't want to play football?" I ask Jah. We were walking along the parking lot.

"Hell nah. So I can die? And Coach isn't playing with the recruits this year. They talm bout college" Jah says and sits on the curb. I sit next to him.

"You don't want to go to college?" I ask, puzzled. "I do just not for football. I wanna go for basketball. I'm way better" Jah says. "What college you wanna go to?" I ask. "Prolly sum back in New York. Wanna go back to my peoples you know" he nods and I nod too.

"Aye" Jah nudges me and nods to Destiny and Zion making out on top of a wall. "Oh shit" I laugh. "That nigga" Jah laughs too. "You not mad?" I ask. "No. That girl 'bout grown as me. And she had a crush on that nigga since 8th grade" he laughs.

"Y'all twins?" I ask and he shakes his head. "No, my mom and her dad met 7 years ago. We not blood" he says and I nod again.

"You wanna come over?" I ask, knowing my dad won't be home until 6. "Fasho" he answers.

Thirty minutes later, the Uber drops us off at my house. "Nice ass house" Jah nods. "Thank you Jahbari" I smile and sit on the couch. "I told you ta stop callin' me that" he pushes me and I laugh.