Chapter 36- Once Was And Always Will Be

Start from the beginning

As Jason was talking, I noticed my mom get teary-eyed and my dad put a comforting arm around her. I turned my attention back to Jason when he went deeper into the story. My eyes grew side from what I was hearing and for a second I could've sworn my heart rate went up because the monitors but I wasn't sure. As the words from jason hit me, I tried to remember everything but still nothing was coming to mind.

"I was...shot." I said, as if it was nothing at all. "I don't remember..." I shook my head.

Jason squeezed my hand.

"Dr.Winster said it would be like for you. For a couple months actually."

My head snapped up to my mom. "Dr.Winster?" I asked, and I couldn't help by frown a little. What the hell was her deal?

"Yes, she operated on you. She saved your life." My dad said.

"Did she now..." I said in a low voice.

Jason cocked his head to the side at the tone of my voice. He looked questioningly at me. I shook my head. I can't tell him anything right now. I'm just...too tired. I sighed.

"Are-"

"Is she awake?" I heard a small voice ask.

Logan.

I felt a small but weak smile appear on my face as i seen his face come into view. I heard a couple steps behind him and then Jazz and Luke came in right after him. All three smiled warmly at me. Luke with daisies in his hand, Jazz with a fancy expensive looking bag-i mentally rolled my eyes at the one because I already knew what it was- and then there was Logan who was standing at the foot of my bed with a soft kind and loving smile on his face and blue teddy bear in his hand.

"Hey bud." I smiled.

Logan walked up to me and climbed on the bed. he made himself comfortable next to me and I tried to scoot over a little as Jason got up.

"Logan, get off your sister's hospital bed." Mom scolded.

I laughed lightly. "Its fine mom." I said, waving her off.

"This is for you." Logan said, handing me the teddy bear. I took it in my hands. I hate stuffed animals but this one, i think i could grow to like. "Blue's my favorite color."

"Well thanks Logan. I love it." I said, patting his head.

"Hey Lugnut." I said, looking up at Luke.

He smiled warmly. "Little sis. I'm glad you're awake."

I could hear the relief in his voice as he said that. Looking at my family, I know I put them through hell. Luke's eyes started to water over.

"Aaah don't give me the waterworks now lugnut. That's not very manly of you." I joked.

He sniffled and smiled a small smile.

"When are you coming home?" Logan asked.

"I don't know. But soon. Hopefully." I said.

"What was it like to get shot?" Logan asked excitedly.

"Aah..." I didn't know what to say.

Luke reached over and smacked the back of Logan's head.

"Ouch!" Logan yelped and glared at Luke.

"Shut up." Luke said.

"Both of you knock it off." Dad said.

I shook my head and smiled. "I don't remember." I said to Logan.

"Which is a good thing." Jason said in a stern voice. I looked at him and he shook his head and looked down. He had it the worst. I could tell.

A knock appeared at the door interrupting my thoughts and Dr.Winster came into view, a kind smile on her face.