Chapter 36- Once Was And Always Will Be

Comincia dall'inizio

"Skylar..." A deep husky voice called in in worry.

That one word. That one voice. That one face I wanted to see so badly. I forced my eyes open again but I'm pretty sure it looked like i was squinting or trying to keep my eyes open.

"Jason.." I croaked.

I turned my head a little and then his beautiful face appeared in my view.

"You're okay.." I whispered, breathing in slowly and closing my eyes for a second. Its a little bright in here.

He smiled half heartedly and reached for my right hand and brought it up to his face.

"I am now." He said looking dead at me. His eyes watered over.

I focused more on him then. He seemed a little off. Before I got a chance to ask him what was really wrong, another voice interrupted me.

"Skylar, oh sweetie! i'm so happy you're awake!" My mom rejoiced.

Jason dropped my hand softly back on the bed and moved away so that my mom could stand next to me. She had tears rolling down her face. She bent down and kissed my forehead and my cheeks.

"Hi mom." I said weakly.

She covered her mouth while she was looking down at me. "I'm really-" She said as she uncovered her mouth but she stopped short. More tears started flowing.

"I know." I said. "Where's dad?" I asked.

"Right here pal." Dad said, coming up behind mom, smiling. "We'e been waiting for you to wake up."

Confusion hits me.

"What...." I looked around the room for a minute. Machines, a TV in the corner, big window, curtain... "How long have I been in here?" I asked.

Everyone shared worried glances. Mom reached out and took my hand n hers.

"Sweetie, why don't we just take things slow for a bit. You just woke up." Mom said.

"Mom just tell me." I said.

No one said anything.

I looked at Jason.

"Um.." He hesitated then let out a deep breath. "What do you remember?" He asked suddenly.

His question confuses me. "What do you mean?"

"Do you remember how you got in the hospital?" He asked, his brows furrowing over.

I looked down at my bed and the sheets covering me and the things plugged into me-they were bothering the hell out of me too. I turned back to Jason and we made eye contact and out of nowhere, little flashes popped into my head but they were blurry. My head started hurting as i felt my brows pull together in concentration.

"I just remember me and Jack fighting in the ring...and then J.D...." I stopped short, my mind going blank.

I stared at the foot of the bed, concentrating. Trying hard to remember how exactly i got in the hospital but nothing was coming up. Nothing.

I felt a warm hand on mine and I looked up to see Jason. His expression is one i couldn't decipher.

"You know what happened." I stated.

He nodded, a grim line forming on his lips.

I motioned my head as if to say "so tell me"

He sighed heavily and sat down next to me, still holding my hand. He looked me straight in my eyes and started to speak. I listened carefully.