[34] truths and dares

Start from the beginning

I could have sworn that Snape had a look of annoyance on his face as he replied, "I'm afraid you've used up all my stores interrogating students."

Umbridge let out a frustrated cry. "All of you to bed now! You best be awake bright and early for your classes tomorrow!" She dismissed everyone and we slowly trickled out of the Great Hall.

I walked out before my friends but they quickly caught up to me. "Marlee, I can't believe you did that," Ceaser said.

I kept my gaze forward and shrugged. "She already hates me enough. Another detention wouldn't hurt."

"But you didn't even throw the carrot," Harlow pointed out.

"One person getting detention is better than six and I knew she would believe me if I said it was just me," I explained.

As I still kept my eyes to the front, I felt a bunch of arms wrap around me in a hug. I was taken aback by the sudden embrace but quickly wrapped my arms around them.

"We've missed you Marlee," Aries sighed.

I felt my insides warming up in relief. "I've missed you guys too...and Merlin do I have a lot to tell you."

As we sat in our dormitory, I told the girls all about my Holiday and the night of George's birthday. They were completely baffled and excited all in one.

"We couldn't even leave you two alone for a night and you were already all over each other," Fabienne teased after I told them the minor details.

"But it's weird because we're still completely fine as friends—oh yeah, we've sorted out everything and now we're back to talking for hours on end, it's spectacular really."

"Oh my gosh, why don't you just marry him already?" Harlow scoffed and clicked her tongue.

I smiled as I rolled my eyes. "I already told you guys, I don't see him that way!"

"Girl, you gave him head, how the hell do you see him then?" Fabienne sassed and I shot her a dirty look.

"This conversation is over I'm going to bed," I announced over their giggles, although I was kind of tired.

They eventually agreed to go to bed as well and we shut off the lights, saying goodnight to each other. It felt like only a couple minutes passed before I heard their snores fill the room but when I checked the clock it had been almost two hours.

I tossed and turned but just could not seem to fall asleep. Another half hour passed and I decided to take a walk. I tossed on a gray jumper that fell just below my shorts, put on my slippers and tip toed out of the room.

The castle felt oddly comforting at this hour. The moon reflected off of the corridor walls, illuminating the air. It felt like I was walking through clouds.

I didn't have a specific destination in mind, I just let my feet carry me to wherever they pleased. I passed the main courtyard when I saw someone walking on the opposite side. I froze immediately, thinking it was a professor but I soon recognized the slouched strut and cerise hair. I ran through the courtyard and jumped on his back, frightening him. He almost let out a scream but I quickly covered his mouth with my hand.

As I slowly removed my hand he whispered, "Bloody hell, Marlin. You scared the shit out of me! Don't do that again."

I giggled and hopped off of George's back. He was wearing a red jumper with gray sweatpants. I noticed slight bags under his eyes and it made me wonder what he was doing here at this hour.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a quiet tone.

He rubbed his eyes and yawned. "I couldn't sleep. What are you doing here?"