Chapter 22

NICK AND PETER WENT TO ONE OFthe Chambers to get ready for the battle and Nick broke down as soon as they got there

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

NICK AND PETER WENT TO ONE OF
the Chambers to get ready for the battle and Nick broke down as soon as they got there. Peter just held her in his arms, worried about why she was crying.

"Nicki, you okay love?" He asked and she looked up, lip quivering.

"I can't lose you now," she said, her breathing slowing down as he gently played with her hair.

"Hey, I'm gonna be fine," he said and Nick nodded, reaching over with shaky hands for his armour.

"Let me help," she said as he started to protest her putting his armour on.

He tilted his head, getting lost in her eyes as she delicately put the chainmail on, making sure he was as protected as possible.

"Stop staring at me Pete," she said jokingly and he chuckled, looking down at her as she looked up into his eyes.

"I can't, not when I have the most stunning girlfriend in the world," he said and Nick blushed as she put the last bit of his armour on with his help.

He held her close and she rested her hands on his chest, the cold metal of armour replacing his skin.

"If I do get injured though," Peter said and Nick shook her head.

She sighed, looking away from him, "Hey," Peter whispered. He put two fingers under her chin and moved her head so she was looking up at him. "If I get injured, or worse. I want you to know that I love you,"

"I love you too, but you're going to be fine," she said and he looked at her hopefully.

He kissed her, the two getting lost in the moment of passion as he pressed he against the wall, her hands running up and down his armour. Edmund walked in, clearing his throat as he looked at the two.

"We have to go now," he said, having that he broke up their moment.

The crowd cheered as Nick, Peter and Edmund walked out towards the middle of the field where Miraz was sitting on the chair.

They approached the stone square where they would be fighting and Miraz stood up. The three stopped next to Glenstorm and Peter prepared for battle.

"Don't die on me," she whispered and he sighed, not looking to sure about it. Peter pulled her in for a kiss, her hand resting on his helmet before he pulled away.

"I'll try," he said and Edmund held out his sheath, allowing Peter to pull the sword out.

"He'll be fine," Edmund whispered to Nick as Peter walked out towards Miraz.

She was shaking, trying to conceal it so it wouldn't worry Peter but she couldn't hide it. Edmund was worried as well as they looked out at the scene.