"hey." julie's dads voice came from the door way, making reggie back flip over the plush, landing him next to sydney, as luke and alex instinctively grabbed hands. "everything okay?" he asks, looking around the room.

"yeah, i'm fine." julie assures him quickly. luke and alex awkwardly drop hands.

"okay," he nods slowly. "just, thought i heard you talking to someone." he says, and julie shook her head.

"nope, must have been my laptop." she tells him, pointing to the device. "that i just closed." she adds quickly, noticing it was shut.

"okay." he says, glancing around the room one more time, before taking a step back. "well, if you need anything," he says before motioning to the door, silently asking if she would like it shut.

"yeah, thanks." she nods, and her father pulled the door closed behind him as he left her room.

julie let out a small sigh of relief and slowly turned back to the ghosts in annoyance.

"your dad seems like the kind of guy who likes to barbecue." reggie says with a wide grin. "i bet he has a great ribs recipe." he says excitedly.

"i don't know, but if you guys want to talk to me, we have to do it in the studio. he's worried about me enough as it is!" she tells them with a sigh.

"he seems chill, you should just tell him about us." luke suggest, making sydney roll her eyes at the boy.

"you're kidding, right?" julie stares at him for a moment. "this past year, everyone's been watching over me, being super nice as if they're waiting for me to snap." she says, beginning to pace slightly. "if i tell my dad i met a ghost band, i'll be back to talking to doctor turner three days a week." she explains and luke nods.

"yeah, you probably shouldn't tell him." he agrees, slowly stepping back up on the stool. "julie.."

"oh my gosh! i thought i told you to leave that alone?" she snaps and luke shrugs slightly.

"i know but you should've just said nothing because now i can't stop thinking about it!" he explains and sydney rolls her eyes. typical luke, he was always too curious for his own good. "so, what's in the box julie?"

"it's just my dream box, okay." she admits finally, followed by a small sigh. "whenever i get a thought or something, i write it down to get it out of my mind." she says, her voice growing quieter with each word.

"like lyrics?" sydney clarifies, her interest peaking slightly.

"they would be." julie nods. "if i still wrote music, like i used to with my mom. now it's just full of stuff that doesn't make me sad." she sighs, glancing down slightly.

"but i mean, you do play." alex says, standing up from his seat quickly. "we heard you this morning."

"in the garage?" she asks quickly. "so you were there too?!" she demands, glaring at the ghosts, who begin to squeak out attempted excuses again.

"so where is your kitchen, by the way?" luke asks, lying down across the bed and resting his chin in his hands, looking up at julie with wide eyes.

"okay, we need to set some boundaries." she states, bending down to his eye level. "for starters, stay out of my room!" she instructs, pointing to the door.

the four ghosts nodded understandingly and quickly made their way out of the room, reggie strumming a few notes on their way.

alex paused just out side the door, spinning back to stick his head through the door. the other three stopped, listening from beside him.