Chapter 18: Sundaes + Skipping

Start from the beginning

----------------

Nick swung his front door open and was immediately hit upside the head with a rolled up newspaper. A shorter woman with dark brown in a messy bun, horn rimmed glasses perched on the bridge of her nose, glared up at Nick.

"No calls! No texts! And your two best friends didn't know where you were. Nick! What the hell were you thinking? What the hell do you think your father and I were thinking when you never came home from work yesterday when there was a terrible storm? Huh?" The woman had tears pricking her eyes. "How the hell do you think I would've explained to your 7 and 10 year old sisters that their big brother was never coming home?"

Nick wrapped his mom into a hug. "Mom you're such a worry wart, you're hair is gonna go gray before you reach 40." The eldest boy stood back, holding his mom at arms length. She still wasn't happy.

"Who's this?" She wiped her eyes with her sleeves.

"Mom, this is Karl. Y'know that-"

"Oh you're the boy! Omg Nick you weren't kidding when you said he was cute- Oh and his hair really is fluffy looking, awe you're adorable-"

"Mom!" Nick huffed.

"Sorry Nicky," the woman teased, "oh my gosh you have school and-"

"We're ditching today, I need to call George and Clay before it's too late." Nick said as he started walking up the stairs, beckoning Karl to follow.

"You need to stop cutting me off young man it is-"

"Love you mom!" Nick yelled as he closed his bedroom door.

Karl snickered and pulled out his phone and handed it to Nick. They pulled up his moms number.

"Hello? Karl? Is something wrong?"

"Hi Mrs. Jacobs, it's Nick," he felt bad lying to the concerned woman, "We got to my house and Karl threw up, he's like half asleep in my bed right now, would you mind calling him off? My mom has today off so she said she would stay with him till I get back from school and I'll take him home," Nick crossed his fingers.

"Yes! Yes of course, thank your mom for me! Have a good day at school Nick," he could hear the womans contagious smile.

The line went dead and he let out a sigh of relief, pulling out his own phone he found Dreams contact.

"Hey loser, have your boyfriend call himself out of school and come ditch with me and Karl."

----------------

"Nick what did you do to my Karl?" George yelled at the taller boy as he got out of Dreams Honda.

"What do you mean 'what did I do to your Karl'?" Nick asked defensively.

"You're a bad influence on my baby boy," George said shoving a finger in Nicks face.

"George I've always wanted to skip before I just never had a cover story or anyone that would do it with me," Karl said shyly as he gave Dream a little wave.

"Uh huh, sure thing Mr. Captain-of-the-debate-club," George rolled his eyes.

"That was middle school me!" Karl whined.

"Oh sure but the gaming club was high school," George stuck his tongue out.

"'Least I can see red and green," Karl argued.

"Oh sure, way to go Karl, make fun of my disability," George folded his arms.

"The only thing it hinders you from is telling the difference between a glass of kale juice and a glass of piss," Karl retorted.

"At least I'm not a pussy and I can kiss the guy I like," George grabbed Dreams hoodie collar and dragged him down to kiss him before staring at Karl with an intimidating look.

"I-I'm not a pussy!" Karl defended. He turned to Nick and swallowed thickly. This alone got a reaction from the two other boys. Nick chuckled and grabbed Karl's waist, pulling him dangerously close.

"May I?"

"Y-you may."

The two boys kissed. It wasn't passionate like the other two kisses had been, but it was still long enough for Dream and George to understand this was not just some bit the two boys had planned out.

"Oh my god," Georges jaw hung open, "You're joking right?"

Karl parted from Nick, breath slightly gone. He turned to look at George.

"There was a reason I was the captain and you were the vice, Georgie," Karl smirked, "It seems I win again, leaving you speechless."

Dream was just staring at Nick, who was now very uncomfortable from his friends intense look. "YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?" Dream raged.

"IT LITERALLY HAPPENED YESTERDAY AND THEN I WAS WITH KARL ALL DAY AND WE SLEPT TOGETHER-" Nick slapped a hand over his mouth.

George swung his head to look at Nick. "You did not deblossom him did you? Nick I will hunt you for sport if you say yes," Georges stare was scarier than Dreams.

"George! What the honk, no! He means we quite literally fell asleep together!" Karl buried his red face in his hands.

"Ok Ok let's calm down," The dirty blonde said. "Guys this is embarrassing for you all. I'm the youngest and I have ADHD and I'm telling you to calm down- but besides the point! I say, we go get Sundaes to celebrate Karl and Nick and that they decided to stop being blind," Dream smiled at his friends.

"Ice cream ice cream ice scream!" Karl started bouncing in spot.

"Now you've done it Dream, you can't mention anything sweet in front of him he's an addict don't forget," Nick rolled his eyes as the four of them piled into Dreams Honda since Nick was low on gas.

---------------

A small ice cream shop came into view cause Karl to go absolutely feral. He started barking and howling like a dog making George double over in laughter in the passenger seat. Nick kicked the brits chair causing a whole new round of insults and one-ups in level of volumes before Dreams tea kettle wheeze made the whole car laugh until they all calmed down.

The four boys climbed out of the car and entered the empty parlor, the bell clanging alerted the cashier on duty.

"George! Nick!" Another boy with dirty blonde hair, longer than Dreams, greeted half the group.

"Weston," George groaned, knowing what was going to come.

"Ayeeee cJerk! How's it hanging bro?" Nick reached his hand out for a weird handshake.

"It's going, say George, how's that only fans coming? That name I gave you was insane."

Dream chuckled hugging his boyfriend. "Sorry but George is, how do I put it," Dream leaned against the counter closer to Weston, "Exclusive." Dreams smile was friendly but his eyes were dangerous.

The soundcloud rapper nodded before asking the group what they would like.

"Two sundaes," Nick smiled, his hand gently intertwining with Karl, who smiled contentedly.

---------

A/N: Cherry-chan fall asleep now night night