~~~~

The lunchroom was abuzz with excitement for the upcoming match. I looked over at the Gryffindor table where Oliver sat looking dejected, and not eating anything. Suddenly something in me jerked, and I stood up and walked over to him.

"How are you going to win without eating anything," I snickered, "You're going to get blown away from the goalposts before you even get the chance of blocking anything."

"Thank you for your consideration, Stone." Oliver rolled his eyes.

The Gryffindor team was now looking at the two of us with great interest.

"Don't give me that attitude." I snarled, "I've played in storms before, and won. Mind you I didn't do so by not eating."

"She's right Oliver," Alicia said soothingly, "You must eat something."

~~~~

Such was the popularity of Quidditch that the whole school turned out to watch the match as usual. We ran down the lawns toward the Quidditch field, heads bowed against the ferocious wind, umbrellas being whipped out of their hands as we went.

The wind was so strong that the Gryffindor team staggered sideways as they walked out onto the field. If the crowd was cheering, they couldn't hear it over the fresh rolls of thunder. Admittedly this was very unfavourable to play in, but I have done so before and so had faith in Oliver.

The Hufflepuffs were approaching from the opposite side of the field, wearing canary-yellow robes. The Captains walked up to each other and shook hands; Diggory smiled at Wood but Wood now looked as though he had lockjaw and merely nodded.

Madam Hooch blew her whistle and I saw both teams raise off the ground. The rain made it hard to see the players, with red and yellow blues sweeping across the field through the rain. The commentary was hard to listen to over the rain, and my stand wasn't close enough to Lee Jordan's.

The sun began to set, and it was getting darker by the minute.

With the first flash of lightning came the sound of Madam Hooch's whistle, and I could see both teams splatter onto the ground.

I excused myself from my friends and rushed down to the pitch where the Gryffindors were all huddled under a large umbrella.

I got close enough to hear snippets of conversation.

"We're fifty points up," said Wood, "but unless we get the Snitch soon, we'll be playing into the night."

"I've got no chance with these on," Harry said exasperatedly, waving his glasses.

"Can you not see in your glasses?" I asked, and the whole team was startled and looked at me.

"No, I can't," Harry admitted.

"What's it matter to you?" Wood challenged me testily.

"Potter give me your glasses," I said, reaching out my hand, "I've got an idea."

Harry hesitantly put the glasses on my palm.

"What are you going to-" Oliver started, but I already possessed the glasses and pulled out my wand.

"Impervius!" I tapped the glasses with my wand.

"What was that?" Oliver asked incredulously.

"Here you go Potter," I smiled sweetly, "This should repel water from your glasses for the next twelve hours or so."

Oliver looked at me with a sort of expression I've never seen him dawn before. It was enough to make my knees weaken just a tiny bit, and my heart flutter out of my chest.