Expressing Dreams

The moon is shining bright, the weather is clear. It's late at night but there's a noise of vehicles from all the streets around you. People can be seen chattering and enjoying their nightly walk.

After reading a lot of boring stories you finally drift off to sleep. You see a lucid dream.

You are standing on the road outside, facing your house. The atmosphere has suddenly changed. It's raining really hard. A thick layer of dark clouds has covered the sky. The street lamps just turned off. There's not a soul on the street and fog starts to seep into your vision. Shadows are forming deadly patterns around you. Everything is silent except the loud sound of the raindrops. You don't know why, but you are not at all scared. You are feeling confident and fearless. So You decide that you'll get inside your home and wake yourself up. Why? you don't know. But you're curious to see what's going to happen. You walk towards the door of your house. You stop right in front of the door. It's closed. So You give three hard knocks.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

You spring up from the bed and you are sweating. Your heart is thumping, you are sure you heard the knocks. You are as scared as hell but you tell yourself that it's just your imagination. You decide that it's your imagination, and go back to sleep. Once Again, you are standing alone on the road. The atmosphere is the same, Black Clouds, Raindrops, Silence, Fog. The only thing that changed is that the door to your house is open. So You move inside and sees that your house looks different it is darker than usual. The corners of the rooms are so dark that it's impossible to see anything there. The ceiling is covered with cobwebs. The skin of the statue beside the table looks as if it has been rotting, and blood is rolling down from its eyes. You get a constant feeling as if you are being watched. You enter the kitchen and you pull the drawer and grab the biggest knife you have. You can see your reflection in the huge blade. There's an evil grin on your face. You close the drawer.

CLANG!

You spring up from your bed, you are sure you heard the sound of knives. This time you can't give yourself a reason. It's serious. Now you know that whatever you just heard wasn't dreams. They are some kind of visions. You have to do something but somewhere in the corner of your mind, you are still thinking that they may be dreams. So You decide that you'll sleep again and if the same thing repeats, then you'll be sure that they aren't dreams. You go to sleep again and you are climbing the stairs.

You wake up again. Okay, they are visions and they are real. You have no time to think. You should sleep again to know your location in the dream. To know where the other 'you' has reached. Again, you fall asleep.

You have climbed up the stairs. You are facing the door of your bedroom. An extreme desire to kill yourself is burning inside you. You are curious to see what will happen if you kill yourself. But at the same time, you are fearing to die. But your curiosity is taking over you. You want to wake up but in the dream, you don't know how to wake up. You raise your hand. "Wake up!" You punch at the door, "Oh please wake up!"

BANG!!!

You get up from the bed and Chills are running down your spine. You are getting goosebumps it takes some time for you to notice that you are holding a knife in your hand. It's the same knife which you picked up from the kitchen. This time, the reflection in the blade looks terrified. You start feeling braver. You know that the other you is waiting on the other side of the door. To save yourself, you need to open the door and kill him. It's the last option left.

You walk towards the door. You grab the doorknob and you pause for a moment, you take a deep breath. You open the door and give a strong slash with the knife. But there's no one. You look at the stairs. They are empty. Your home looks as usual. You wipe off the sweat from your forehead. It's not the correct time to sleep. Maybe you will see the vision again if you close your eyes.

You need to know the location of the other you. So you close your eyes. You see yourself from behind. You look delicious but It's too late to turn around.

By: TJP