"Take a guess"

"Huh?"

"Oh, it's a game we play often. The rookie tries to guess his senior colleagues' former occupations. Well, it's part of their training as private investigators." Dazai explained.

"Tanizaki-san and Naomi-san... were students?" Atsushi guessed.

"Oh, bingo. I'm impressed." Tanizaki complimented.

"How did you know?" Naomi asked.

"I heard you are a part-time worker, and I thought you might still be a student given your uniform. Tanizaki-san seems close to me in age, so... just a hunch." Atsushi said, pointing out his observations.

"Well, it's rather obvious." Chuuya said.

"Honesty is a virtue. What about Kunikida-kun?" Dazai said that made the dirty blonde spit his tea.

"Who cares about what I used to be?!" He exclaimed.

"Aren't you a little tsundere." Dazai teased him which resulted in a bump in his head.

Atsushi squinted his eyes, trying to guess his former profession. "Public worker? An official?!"

"Close. He was a teacher. A math teacher." Dazai informed him.

"Huh." An imaginary Kunikida appeared behind the silver head boy, as the blonde is in front of a blackboard full of mathematical equations.

"Of course you'd use the law of exponents here!" Kunikida said slamming his hands at the board.

"I can totally see that."

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Kunikida exclaimed, clearly offended.

"It's all in the past! I don't even want to think about it." Kunikida said.

"What about me, then?"

"You, Dazai-san?"

"Yes, me."

The Port mafia's interests peaked.

"Well..." Atsushi slowly puts his hands under his chin while the screen dramatically zooms in his face and Dazai's. "Dazai-san was... Dazai-san was..."

'It won't work. I have no idea.'

"Don't bother, brat." Kunikida said, pushing his glasses back to place. "His former profession is one of the seven mysteries of the Armed Detective Agency."

"Is it?" Ranpo suddenly asked, confusing the blond megane.

Most of the mafia kept quiet, enjoying the show.

"The first person to get it right receives a reward, right?" Tanizaki asked earning the attention of Atsushi.

His pupils turned into the ¥ symbol. 'A reward?'

"That's right. No one's been able to guess right, so the reward's just ballooned." Dazai dejectedly said.

'Ballooned... Reward!' Atsushi thought, sweating profusely. He sat up in his hands and knees and asked. "B-By the way, how much has this reward ballooned to, exactly?"

"700,000 yen total."

'Seven Hundred grand?! Oh!'

Blazing fire was seen at his back as he inched closer to the brunette. "S-So if I get it right, I can claim it? For real for reals?!" A card was seen at the side of the screen that says: The Man has a fire lit under him at the thought of a 700,000 reward-- Currently penniless.