Part one: Well all I really wanted was a break

Începe de la început

"It's alright lassie, but don' be so hard on ye'self, even if that did happen ah can promise that you can find a friend in Gryffindor, so ye shouldn't worry."

She found comfort in the quidditch captain's words, yeah, she shouldn't be so pessimistic, her life was simple, what more could she want? Soon, a comfortable silence followed in their compartment, not complete silence of course, their was the occasional praises of the team Puddlemere United and how he wished to be keeper on such an amazing team one day, the girl listening could only nod, she was good at listening.

Their silence was interrupted by an obnoxious looking girl with bushy brown hair almost slamming the poor door open.

"I'm sorry for the interruption, but have either of you seen a Toad? a boy named Neville has lost his."

 Both shook their heads, not sure what could come out of engaging in a conversation, looking at each other and then to her, the keeper speaking up.

"sorry, we 'aven't seen one ah'm afraid, we'll keep a lookout"

she just nodded annoyance at the lack of information but kept quiet as her strides along the train grew softer. The wallflower let out a deep sigh, forgetting the boy in front of her before straightening up at her carefree attitude, he just laughed at the final show of emotion as the train slowly came to a stop.

Oliver helped the girl grab her scattered collection of books and place them back in her brown leather satchel. He turned to her slightly bowing his head down in a playful manner.

"This is where we part lassie, temporarily o'course, I'll be seeing you around, if you need me, look for the Gryffindor students, they'll know, or just go to the quidditch pitch" he then pranced off into a carriage with other fourth years not knowing the Marien had actually chuckled lightly at his antics, a very big accomplishment.

She turned to a giant man with hair that could rival the obnoxious girl she had previously met shouting, 

"Firs'-years! Firs'-years! over here! follow me!"

slipping and stumbling, She and her fellow first years followed the half-giant what seemed to be  a steep, narrow path. It was so dark that there should be some very thick tree's surrounding the eleven year olds. Marien was very annoyed with such an impractical way to reach the school, she heard a sniffle, god were kids crying because of this? she shook off the feeling that life in her new school was going to impractical until her graduating days.

"Yeh'll get yer first sight o'Hogwarts in a sec." The large man, who she found out was named Hagrid from a boy with glasses, called over his shoulder.

Over a loud chorus of 'Ooooooh!', they stood at the edge of a great black lake, viewing the vast castle with it's towers and sparkling windows from the night sky on top of a high mountain on the other side in all its glory. Marien had only ever seen sketches and descriptions in the old leather books in her parents small study, but it certainly was nothing compared to the real thing.

Hagrid had gotten the first years in little wooden boats, four in each, on his command, the miniature fleet moved all at once, gliding across the lake, which was as smooth as glass. 

"Heads down!" yelled the half-giant as they reached a cliff. they went through a curtain of ivy which his a wide opening in the cliff face. They went  through a dark tunnel, which was the underground harbour under the castle, as they clambered out to the rocks and pebbles, Marien was surprised she picked up any information from the book she read out of Boredom 'Hogwarts a history'.

A boy in the front yelled "Trevor!", she guessed he was the one looking for his toad earlier. She would never do that with her magnificent barn owl Zeus, the young Clark wasn't bragging about her Tyto alba, he was actually just that amazing, he was larger than other barn owls, with his sleek shiny feathers, black eyes like the darkest depths of a storm and his gold, brown and white plumage, it was like he was the embodiment of the God he was named after, the only other thing people find interesting besides her eyes.