𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕

"This is empty, you took empty tanks?" Kie questioned while sitting in the boat.

The group of friends decided to meet as soon as possible to learn more about the whole money-death case. Pope was the only one that could get an answer from Odinessa. The girl was still shaken up by the events that had taken place the last time they all saw each other. It took a lot of convincing to do in order for Odine to accept the invite.

The girl had told everyone that she was leaving to meet up with a friend that she met at the party. Not that anyone cared, but she still wanted them to know that she was leaving, not forgetting to mention her coming back late.

"Where did you even get them from?" Odine asked John B, as Kiara went to check the other tank.

"I stole it from your boat," he answered, making it seem like it wasn't a big deal.

"You did wha-" Odinessa started, "Okay this one's a quarter full" Kie cut off her friend's sentence. "It's enough for one of us. Does anyone know how to dive?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows.

Everyone shrugs, "It's kind of a Kook sport", JJ says as everyone turns to look at Odine.

"What?" She questions completely forgetting her status. You see as a child she didn't really get to learn anything. Not even swimming. She was always left behind while her brother and sisters got to enjoy their life in Outer Banks.

"You don't know how to dive?" JJ asked raising an eyebrow. Odine only shrugged back as an answer.

"I read about it," said Pope acting as if that was going to help them in any way.

"Great, Pope read about it, so someone's gonna die tonight," The dark-haired girl rolled her eyes.

"Look, you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?" JJ said looking at each one of his friends.

"That sounds so dirty" Odine started to say.

"If you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends," Pope dead-panned, making the others even more anxious.

"Bends like, bend over and..." JJ jokes, bending over. "The bends kill you," The dark-haired boy cuts him off and ruins the mood even more.

"I can dive," says John. "Since when can you dive?" he gets asked by Kie.

"Let me do some calculations real quick. That boat's about 30 feet down, so it'll take 25 minutes at that debt." Pope says while bending down and drawing the plan in a notebook. "Which means you need to make your safety stop at about... ten feet. And for two minutes."

Suddenly Kiara takes off her shirt and jumps elegantly into the water leaving her teenage guy friends in awe.

"Uh... what was that all about?" Pope questions. "Yeah I would go gay for her too," The girl says, receiving weird looks, chuckles.

"Uh, when you're down there, you look for the cargo hold. You stick this thing inside and twist and pull, okay?"

"Stick in, twist, pull," repeats the longer-haired boy.

Suddenly Kie breaks the clear surface of the water by swimming up, "Hey! I tied my T-shirt to the anchor chain about ten feet down. It's where you need to do your safety stop." she informs.

"You need to make sure you have enough air to decompress."

"Okay, how much do I need?"

"Unclear. Breathe as little as possible."

"Hey if we get caught I'm saying ya'll kidnapped me" Odine speaks up, once again receiving weird looks.

"Nessie, why is it always weird shit coming out of your mouth when you speak?-" JJ says, sitting down, putting an arm around her shoulders, looking up to the sky dramatically. "Shit. JJ," the girl struggles under his arm, "Guys, that's the police." she finishes off by standing up.

"Oh, you gotta be kidding me." Kie mumbles. "Yep, that's the police."

"Just act frickin' normal," JJ says pulling Odinessa back into where she sat just a few moments ago in the boat.

"Evening, officers." the boy greets the officers while giving Odine sunglasses to put on as a disguise.

"How you kids doing? You know the marsh is closed?"

"No. Wow." Odine delivered her answer in a deadpan voice.

"I didn't know that. Why... why is it closed?" Pope asks the police, clearly eagerly wanting them to leave.

"Well, we're conducting a search out here. The boat went down."

"Seen anything?"

"I'm blind" Odine whispers, getting a kick in the legs from the blonde male.

"No boats. No," JJ shakes his head, trying to not show his concerned face.

"Where's your friend you always hang with? He here?"

"I'm replacing him," Odine jokes once again, this time speaking way louder.

"He's working."

"Hm."

"I'm gonna check your little boat out."

"Yeah. Yeah, hop aboard."

"All right." The officer says as he walks to the end of the boat, clearly looking for something, or someone, He was looking in the same direction that John B has dived in. Speaking about him, the boy had a little time left underneath the water and needed to come out as soon as possible.

"Beautiful day." Says the policeman, after stepping off of the edge into the boat.

"Sure is," Kiara says as everyone lets out deep breaths they didn't know they were holding. "Very."

"Let us know if you see anything on your way out."

"We'll be gone soon, sir," JJ yells out to the man, tightening his grip on Odine. "Yes, you will." He replies.

"He's definitely out of air," Pope says, worried, walking over to the edge of the boat, looking for his either really brave or stupid friend. But just after he says that John B's head pops out of the water.

"There he is!"

"Oh, God! Jesus Christ!"

"Don't scare us like that!"

"How'd it go down there?"

"Did you find anything?" Odine asks the soaking wet boy who's still in the water.

"Did I find anything?" He repeats the question, pulling a black bag out of the water.

"Yeah, there we go! That's my boy!" JJ says, taking the bag and walking away.

"You okay?" she asks, pulling the guy out of the water. "Yeah, I ran out of air."

"You scared the shit out of me," Kie says, pushing Odine aside.

"Yeah, the cops were up here, but, uh... took care of 'em," Pope says, eyes still fixed on John. "My bad.", "You're all good."

"Yeah, you kinda missed the show, brother." JJ jokes, looking at his friend.

"Why are you wearing my glasses?"

"I pretended to be blind" Odine replied, giving him a tight-lipped smile.

— ✨ —

I don't really think that I have an excuse as to why I haven't been posting. I think that it just takes a lot of time and by editing EVERYTHING I waste my motivation and don't end up writing more.

Also, I've been "isolating" and my English has become bad. Looking back at my writing, I see a lot of mistakes and just shitty writing. I'm not satisfied with what I write but at least yall are enjoying it.

Also (i keep saying that a lot) I know that this isn't that long and that it's poorly written but I promise I'll edit it and try to update as much as I can. ANYWAYS I love y'all peace out.