Chapter 66 - The Patronus Charm

Start from the beginning

I headed to the Great Hall to check on the sound system as I was going to sing. The hall looked totally different. Round tables with chairs around it were set up for eating and a stage was prepared for performances. It was more like a formal dinner for students up Year 4.

Students gathered in looking all happy and chirped about. The girls in magnificent gowns and dresses that showed their curves and boys in tuxedos, making them look like men. A few sat down on the tables while the others stood, holding glasses of un - alcoholic wine, that would only set the mood for a formal, classy and lovely evening.

I was on the stage playing slow piano and waiting for the hall to fill in and the doors to be closed.

"Very well, Miss Montgomery" McGonagall said and started giving her welcome speech and how we should enjoy ourselves and be brave and all that stuff.

"Now, I'll hand over the show to our lovely lead of the choir" she said and I got up to sing.

I held on the mic with both hands and looked for one particular person in the crowd. When my eyes met his for a spilt second, I smiled and the music began playing.

A/N – Please play 'Secrets & Lies' by Ruelle

You got a cold, cold heart
Do you feel at all?
You build a house of cards
But it's gonna fall
You think I don't see who you really are
I got news coming
I've seen it all from the start

I was staring at Draco while he looked at me in shock, like he knew what I was talking about.

I know all your secrets

He looked at me wide eyes.

I know all your lies
I know where you keep 'em
Buried deep inside
No, you can't hide your secrets and lies
Secrets and lies

I lowered my gaze to his forearm and scoffed just a little.

I closed my eyes and continued with the song.

Wish on your lucky stars
'Cause it's all you got
Won't get you very far
When the music stops

You think I don't see who you really are
I got news coming
I've seen it all from the start

I opened my eyes to look at him again. 

I know all your secrets
I know all your lies
I know where you keep 'em
Buried deep inside
No, you can't hide your secrets and lies
Your secrets and lies

I closed my eyes once again because of tears filling in. The music stopped for just a moment and began again at a very slow sound, so that my voice was more audible.

You got a cold, cold heart
You build a house of cards
I know all your secrets

I know all your lies
I know where you keep 'em
Buried deep inside

No, you can't hide your secrets and lies

I opened my eyes and looked at Draco who looked a mixture of enraged and sad and disappointed and hate.

The whole crowd erupted in applause while Draco left the room loosening his tie. I wanted to go behind him, letting him know that I was okay with whatever he had, not ashamed, that I would love him no matter what.

But this time, he needed to come to me. 

At his own pace, at his own time.

I continued to sing a few more songs and got off the stage to have dinner with the others. I couldn't get a single piece of food in my mouth as I saw that Draco's seat was still empty.