Unexplainably Electric

Hey guys, I know in third year they're like 13 to 14 years old but let's just pretend that they're 16 to 17 please. There is smut but mostly not.

For the third year students at Hogwarts, Care of Magical Creatures was just beginning. Excitement filling the air, consuming the students in interest and wonderment. For someone though, our favorite Mr. Harry Potter's excitement was for 2 different reasons. The second being that he was excited for Hagrid to be a teacher for the first time ever. The first one was because it was another class he shared with Draco Malfoy. The two had been enemies since the 1st night of their 1st year because Harry had refused his hand in friendship. However recently, Harry had gained a new fascination with the blonde.

He was walking with his two best friends whom Draco also didn't like. They had seen their classmate and fellow Gryffindor Neville fall down trying to open his book but kept walking nonetheless. Harry had just begun trying to open his own book when he heard the blonde respond to Hermione's mindless banter.

"Oh, yea, terribly funny. Really witty. God this place has gone to the dumps. Wait til my father hears that Dumbledore has this oaf teaching classes."

Despite Harry's feelings for Draco, there was something he nor no one else could deny. Draco could be an ass at times, this being one of those times.

"Shut up, Malfoy." Harry started walking towards Draco.

Malfoy and his friends choursed an ohh at Harry's words. Draco took his satchel off his shoulder and plopped it down in the hands of Goyle or Crabbe. Harry could never really tell the two apart. Draco made his way towards Harry mockingly almost. He dropped his voice to no more than a whisper for only Harry to hear.

"Potter, I would really watch your mouth. I heard your little conversation with Granger last night. I also found your little diary also. Interesting how you've been pretending to hate me but in a realness, you want to snog me."

"I don't know what you're talking about, Malfoy. I hate you."

"Do you know?" Draco started but took a dramatic pause as if to recall something. "So correct me if I'm wrong. On September 1st, you wrote in your journal 'I saw Draco today, he looked amazing. The summer did him well. His hair is more platinum that it did at the end of last year. We exchanged insults but I wish we could have conversations. He's really smart and sometimes it's a little nerve wracking because he can use his intelligence to read people. I like it though sometimes, it makes our banter more interesting.'Seems to ring a bell, doesn't it Pottah?"

Harry's face drained of color as he recalled lounging on his bed writing those exact words. He tried to strangle out a response but his words failed him.

"Honestly though, I gave some thought to it. Snogging you doesn't seem all that bad. Room of Requirements, tonight right after dinner. Understand? Oh, and if you come, I'll bring your diary to return."

Harry slowly nodded his head and turned around to accompany his friends.

"What was that about?" Ron questioned while glaring at Malfoy.

"Don't worry about it." Harry replied.

The class continued with little to no problems. That was until Draco tried to approach Buckbeak without permission. He didn't bow or anything. Harry being fairly concerned about Draco moved to snatch him back before Buckbeak revved up. Draco turned and looked Harry in the eyes and muttered a small thank you before scurrying off with the rest of the Slytherins.

"Mate, why would you save Malfoy?! He was about to get what he deserved and you saved him! Harry, you can't go around saving people from what they have paved the way for them to receive. He treats you like shit and you still save him." Ron exaggerated.