11 | DON'T TELL ME HOW TO GHOST

HAYDEN SAW THAT Julie now stood alone on the stage, she and the band had poofed off to the side and people could no longer see them. The students, right fully so, were extremely confused on what the Molina girl had just done. Who were the people she was playing with? Where did they go? How was she able to walk through the other girl?

Then the backstage guy ran onto the stage. "Hey, where'd the rest of the band go?"

"Wait. Were those holograms?" A girl in a light purple wig asked, before being glared at by Carrie.

Julie took her chance with what the girl said and nodded. "Yes! Yes, they were holograms. I plugged it into the ceiling projector before the show. I'd explain it, but it involves algorithms and science stuff."

The students cheered for the girl while the ghosts stood and watched.

"That's wild." Luke chuckled. "They could see us when we were playing, but not when the music ended."

"We should double check." Reggie spoke, running onto the stairs of the stage and wiggling hit hips in front of the students.

It was a good thing no one could see him now, but unfortunately the ghosts could still see their friend.

"Yeah, I don't-" He jumped back down to his friends. "I don't think they can see us."

Hayden sighed. "I wish I couldn't see you."

"I second that." Alex mumbled.

"Okay, people, show's over." A teacher said, clapping her hands together. "Let's get back to class, please."

Reggie walked over to Carrie and the purple haired girl as they left the gym. "What was that? Were those holograms?" Carrie mocked.

"Sorry." The girl responded as Reggie tired to talk to her.

"Hey there, I'm Reggie. Could I maybe call you sometime? What's your number?"

Hayden chuckled lightly and felt Luke put his arm around her shoulder. "How about we surprise Julie in the hall? I just know she has her place back, especially with that song, Hayden."

The ghost smiled. "Well, duh. My songs are the bomb."

The four ghosts, after grabbing Reggie to stop him from following the girls, poofed into the hallway and waited for Julie to come down it. When she did, she gasped and was glad that the hallway was empty when she ran into them.

"Julie!" The band yelled, Hayden was on Luke's back and Alex and Reggie kneeled at the side of them.

"You! Stop doing that! I'm serious."

Luke dropped Hayden onto her feet while the other boys stood up, Reggie smiled. "Whoa! This one's all on you. We were already here. Well, actually, we were over there and then we came over here."

"Are we not gonna talk about what happened?" Luke was once again back into excited puppy mode.

Julie nodded. "Yeah! The whole school saw you. It's kinda freaking me out."

"Okay, good." Alex said. "Cause it's kinda freaking me out too. You know, you can see us, and then people could see us whenever we play music. And my clothes are made of air, but for some reason, I'm still getting a wedgie."

"We didn't need to know that Alex." Hayden spoke up.

"So many questions." Alex mumbled.

Luke spoke up once again. "The important thing is that we rocked that place. They were loving you!"

Julie shook her head. "Are you kidding? They loved us. That was a great song, Hayden. Thanks."

Hayden smiled while Reggie began to speak again. "And did you guys see the cheerleaders looking at me? I think they were looking at me." He suddenly grabbed Hayden's shoulders, making her face him. "Please tell me they were."

"Bro." Hayden grabbed his face and chuckled. "They were looking at you!"

"Oh, I knew it!" He cheered.

"I'm so...I'm so confused, you know?" Alex said again. "The afterlife should come with instructions or a quick start guide or something."

Hayden looked at the drummer. "Like the handbook for the recently deceased?" Everyone looked at her. "From Beetlejuice. Never mind."

Julie chuckled a little. "Well, the good thing is that everyone thought you guys were holograms, and I got back into the music program."

"Why do you look so bummed?" Reggie asked, noticing the sad look on the girls face.

Luke nodded. "Yeah, dude, you're making this face." He pulled his band member closer and all four of them pouted.

Julie pulled a straight face and scoffed. "That is not my face."

"It's your face." Hayden mumbled.

"And things just got weird between me and Flynn. She asked about you guys and I couldn't say."

"Sweet." Reggie smirked. "Girls are already talking about us."

While Luke and Reggie high fived, Hayden hit the pair around their heads. "Stop, I'm serious." Julie spoke. "I can't tell her about you guys for the same reason I can't tell my dad. She'll think I've gone off the deep end."

"Well this dude definitely thinks you've gone off the deep end." Reggie said as the janitor walked past, giving an odd look to Julie as all he saw was a girl talking to thin air.

"I gotta get back to class." Julie said, heading down the hall.

Reggie nodded. "Later Julie. Oh, and tell those cheerleaders I'm single."

"Oh, and that he's dead." Hayden called out.

"Oh, no, no, no. Leave that part out! She's gone." Reggie turned to Hayden. "Come on that could have been my chance."

Hayden gave him a look before poofing away to the studio. Moments later the boys joined her and while Alex began to pace, the other three sat on the couch and watched him. He was stressed and well Hayden understood, his anxiety must be through the roof at this moment.

Reggie leaned over to Luke and Hayden. "I think he's practicing his model strut."

"He's so nervous, he's almost making me nervous." Luke replied.

Alex stopped pacing and faced his friends. "Okay, look, you guys know I don't handle change well. Alright? Death? That was a change. Okay? Then we became ghosts. Alright? Another change. And now we can be seen whenever we play with Julie. Big freaking change!"

"Yeah but bro, it was a good change. With Julie, we can play on stage again and be the band we never got to be. Come on. I mean, you gotta be down for that."

"Yeah, I mean, who wouldn't be? I just...You know, I wanna figure out why."

"Forget why." Luke stood from the couch. "Man, I say we invite Julie to join Sunset Curve."

Hayden nodded and stood too, along with Reggie. "Yeah, totally. I mean, think about it. With a new lead singer, this band would be legendary."

Hayden looked at Luke then at Reggie after he spoke. "Hey! We're the lead singers."

"Guys, that girl has the voice of an angel, and she can make us visible. Without her, we're just elevator music."

Luke pouted. "You don't gotta be so mean about it. Now we have to figure out who loses the spot."

"Later." Hayden said, motioning to Alex. "Because we're on the runway again."

Alex stopped pacing again. "Okay, I'm sorry. I just...I gotta go clear my head." He walked over to the door and went to open it, but his hand went right through the handle.

"Dude, you're a ghost just poof out." Reggie said.

"Or just walk through it."

"Don't tell me how to ghost!" He snapped before poofing out of the studio.

Lowkey thinking of a face reveal. Yall down?