Helping Hand [angst]

A/N- so I've decided this app needs more Moreid oneshots, cause a) my commitment issues run too deep to read a full story, and b) Ain't nobody got time. Requests are open and welcomed! :>
(This will mostly be in season five because I'm currently on that one)
*Trigger warnings will be at the top of each chapter*
Plot: Reid is in an abusive relationship. Morgan finds out and helps him get out of it.
^^Trigger warning: Abuse, Eating Disorder, Mention of Drug Use^^
------------------
Derek settled down in his chair, glaring at the stack of cases he had to review. He quickly glanced around the station, seeing it quite empty. Aaron, JJ, Penelope, and Rossi were all tucked away in their offices, and Emily was running late. Only Reid was in the office, slightly swaying by the little kitchenette. Derek's eyes rested on the young man, his mind already spinning off and abandoning the 'don't profile co-workers' rule. Small things started to fit together in Derek's mind.It started a few weeks ago, but it's been worse for the past few days.

At first, Derek was worried that Reid had started using it again.  It was a horrible thought, but his weight had dropped, low enough that it was noticeable despite his already slender frame. Dark circles appeared under his eyes, and his arms were always covered, even when the temperature was around 70 or even 80 degrees.

It wasn't just physical. He'd stopped delivering random facts, and it was like a light in his head had been turned off.

But he ruled that out when bruises started showing up. Not anywhere too apparent, but some bruise-like blemishes began to show on Spencer's skin. That was probably the final thing that convinced Derek he needed to talk to him.

"Hey, pretty boy. Can I talk to you?" He tentivly approached the kitchenette, not wanting to startle the man.

"Um, sure." He responded as he finished pouring sugar into his coffee. He looked at Derek expectantly, waiting for him to talk.

"Well, you've just been a little um....distant. I want to make sure you're okay." Derek said, hoping to get him talking. He placed a hand on Spencer's arm, just like he'd do anytime he tried to comfort someone.

It had the opposite effect, making the smaller man flinch. Derek immediately removed his hand.

Did he think I'd hurt him? Derek thought, why would he think that? He looked up at him and spoke.

"I-I'm fine," Spencer stammered, chuckling nervously. Which meant something was going on.

"Do you think I don't notice these things, Reid?" Derek said, trying his best to be nonconfrontational. "I mean, we are profilers. It's our job to notice"

Spencer doesn't respond for a second, only continues looking at his coffee and fiddling with the cup.

"It's nothing. I'm sorry I made you worry." He finally said, avoiding Derek's eyes. He wanted to escape this whole situation. Spencer tries to take a few steps until he's held back by Derek. His soft grip on his wrist hurt immensely from the recent bruise that had formed from the past few days.

"It's nothing? Does nothing make you stop eating? Does nothing make dark circles appear under your eyes? Please, Reid, tell me what's wrong." Derek pleads quietly. His words stop Reid in his tracks. He's looking directly at the floor when he finally speaks.

"You really want to know?" He asks rhetorically, but Derek wants to respond,  just to let him know that he definitely wants, no, needs to know what's wrong. He almost does before Spencer starts talking again.

"It's just my boyfriend, Eric." He sighs and sits back down. He looks for any reaction to him having a boyfriend. It only makes him confused, partly because he was running through all the implications of that, but also a smaller feeling of excitment and surprise that Derek shoved on the back burner. He suddenly lands on a reason for  what Reid means when he says that it's about his boyfriend.

"Wait, does he hit you?" It makes sense, though it makes anger flow through him. Why would someone hurt him? How could anyone see that as an option? Derek's mind was almost going blank with anger.

Panic races across Reid's face. He looks down at the coffee in his hands. "I-it's my fault. I'm not good enough." A tear slides down Reid's cheek. He angrily wipes it off, hoping no one would see it. Derek stands stock-still, shock racking him. His brain zeros in on the desire to find this bastard and wipe him off the face of the Earth.

"Kid," Derek says softly and wraps him in a tight hug. Spencer winces at the touch but doesn't move away. "You are more than 'good enough' for that bastard." I pull away and look deep into his eyes, hoping he'll be able to see I'm telling the truth.

He starts to cry, first, just a few stray tears. Then it devolved into full-body sobs. Derek holds him close and whispers, comforting things into his hair.

"You can stay at my place tonight," Derek says to him once he calms down a bit."We'll figure everything out, kid."

Derek tells Hotch that Reid feels sick and that I'll be taking him home. He nodded knowingly, thankful that someone  got through to Reid. Derek helps Reid into his truck, and they head to Derek's house.
The car ride is quiet, and Derek looks over every few seconds to check on Reid. He's looking out a window. A few times, it looks like he's asleep, then he opens his eyes and goes back to staring out the window.

They arrive at Derek's apartment. They sit down on the couch, and Derek asks if he wants a drink. He says he's fine, but Derek starts fixing two cups of tea.

"Okay, do you want anything to eat?" He's haven't seen him eat lunch today. And when he thinks about it, he can't recall seeing him eat lunch for the past week. Surely he'll want something to eat.

"Oh no, I'm fine." He responds, almost automatically. Derek gave him a worried look. How could he not want something to eat?

"You sure?" Derek asks, assuming he hadn't had anything for breakfast. "I didn't see you grab any lunch."

"I-I had a big breakfast?" He says, almost sounding like a question. Derek looks at him, hoping to convey that he sees right through him. He sighs, looking absolutely exhausted.

"Have you not been eating..." Derek starts, carful of what he's saying. "Because of Eric?" He asks, concerned for how long he'd been doing this. He sheepishly nodded his head.

"For someone who supposedly a genius, you're pretty dumb." Derek tries to joke, but he's exceedingly concerned. "You know you can't keep doing that, right?" He says, looking Spencer in the eye. He nodded again, still playing with his hands.

"So, what do you want to eat?" Derek persists. He just looks at the older man.

"I'm just...not hungry." He says, almost in a whisper.

"Come on, kid, anything," He says, hoping Spencer will eat something.

"Um, I don't know," He says. "Whatever you want, I guess?"

Derek gets up and grabs his phone, picking up the menu of a Chinese place nearby and handing it to Reid. He tells him to pick a show and finds something to eat.

They settle down and start watching a documentary about penguins when the food comes. It's all pretty standard, eating on the couch with all the lights turned off.

The normalness of the situation is broken when Derek feels the light weight of Reid lying on his shoulder. He moved his arm around his shoulders when thoughts started to flow through his mind.
Could I have a crush on Reid? Maybe. I want to hold him close and just protect him from the world. But does that make me gay?  The questions ran through his mind, but he eventually gave up.

Labeling things would just make it confusing. All he knew was that he liked Reid more than a friend. Derek loked at the smaller man, cuddled close to him. Derek's chest swelled at the thought of having moments like this.

The realization hits him, followed by a brief sting of guilt. Reid is just getting out of an abusive relationship. He'd probably need therapy and may not want another relationship so soon after. I don't mind, though. I'll wait until he's ready. Derek thought with a smile and started lazily playing with Reid's hair. I'll be here for him when he's ready.