I open the door for the two girls and keep it slightly ajar, just to leave the room open a bit to the rest of the house. We grab our food and drinks and settle down at the polished wooden table.

"Thank you for breakfast Makoto, it is greatly appreciated." Kyoko says, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Yeah! Especially for the donuts!" Aoi cheers, her mouth already full of sugary glaze.

"Of course. It's the least I could do." I say, giggling slightly as Aoi picks up another donut.

"So, how are Celeste and Sakura? I haven't seen them in forever!" I question, digging in to my own plate. I'm slightly ashamed at how little I see my friend's partners. I haven't spent much time with Celeste since graduating Hopes Peak, and the last time I saw Sakura was at herself and Aoi's wedding.

"Sakura is great! I think I've finally convinced her to open up our own gym and become a trainer with me! She was a little hesitant about us working together, but I think it'll be tons of fun!" Aoi says, beaming as she wipes the remnants of frosting from the corner of her mouth.

"That's great Hina! I'm sure anyone being trained by you or Sakura is in for a workout!" I joke.

"You know it! I've already talked to Fujisake about joining, and he said he would if Mondo does. They're still training together you know! It shocks me that they've been going this long, especially with Mondo and Ishimaru just getting engaged and all. Although I know that Ishimaru will train with them sometimes too, when he's not working on his campaign of course."

I nod, listening to Aoi gossip about our former classmates as I sip my own coffee, which is mostly milk if I'm being honest. I have no idea how Byakuya drinks this stuff black.

"Kyoko, how's Celeste doing? I hear from Byakuya that her new casino is doing amazing!" I ask, shifting my attention towards Kyoko.

"She's well. She's been taking a lot of time off lately..." Kyoko stifles what I would presume to be a giggle, although it's almost too quiet to tell. "I think she misses me at work."

"Aw! That's so sweet!" Aoi gushes. "When are you two gonna tie the knot already? You guys have been dating since like... forever!"

Kyoko blushes and looks down at her lap.

"Well, I actually have a ring but-"

"YOU WHAT?!" Aoi and I both cut her off in unison.

Kyoko giggles again as Hina and I continue to bombard her with questions. I didn't even notice my ridiculously tall husband slink through the open doorway.

Byakuya POV:

I shiver as I slowly start to regain consciousness. So cold. I try to snuggle closer to Makoto for warmth, but quickly realize he isn't there. I rub my eyes and sit up, looking around the room.

Odd. He's never awake before me. And if he is he almost always waits for me to wake up. Maybe he was hungry and didn't want to wake me.

I smile to myself. I have the most considerate husband on the planet. He understands that I get very little sleep and always encourages (and oftentimes forces) me to rest for as long as possible.

I shiver again and sit up, putting on my glasses and pushing the hair out of my face. I can't be bothered to fix it right now. Besides, I know Makoto likes it curly, so he won't mind. (A/N YES I HEADCANON THAT BYAKUYA'S HAIR IS NATURALLY CURLY BUT HE THINKS IT LOOKS UNPROFESSIONAL AND CHILDISH SO HE STRAIGHTENS IT EVERY MORNING ANYWAYS) I'm too tired and in desperate need of coffee. I walk to the closet and put on a random white tee shirt to go with my grey pajama bottoms. It's a bit tight, but it'll do. No need for the staff to see me shirtless. I make my way down the steps, headed for the kitchen. I'm still tired and groggy. Even with a full nine or ten hours rest, it doesn't completely make up for multiple nights consecutively without sleep.

Naegami Oneshots [ABANDONED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara