"he's right." alex nods at reggie and sydney.

"guys, we definitely can't go in there." sydney agrees. she wanted to give julie some space, and her friend seemed pretty distraught. she figured adding ghosts to the mix probably wouldn't help the situation.

"but, we can listen!" reggie says, a small grin on his face as he and the other two boys rushed to the doors to look in through the windows.

"but, you shouldn't!" sydney tells them sharply, though the boys ignore her, luke dismissing her statement with a small wave.

sydney rolled her eyes and tapped her foot in annoyance at the boys, crossing her arms. the boys heads slowly turned to her, the loud tapping of her foot beginning to bother them. they stared at her for a moment, all raising their eyebrows at the girl expectantly.

sydney eventually let out a small sigh and walked up to the window, standing on her toes next to reggie. julie and her friend were by the piano, discussing the fact that julie was getting kicked out of the music program.

the ghosts listened intently, wanting to know more about julie, who they all considered a new friend. she started talking about the song she was just playing, how her mom wrote it for her.

sydney glanced to luke for a moment, her heart squeezing slightly thinking about her own parents. he didn't seem to be phased though, he was too focused on listening to julie.

her and her friend started to walk across the studio to the doors, making all four ghosts attempt to look casual, leaning against the door.

"oh, hey." julie smiled at them, forgetting for a moment that her friend couldn't see them. "uh, let's hustle!" she adds quickly after her friend looked at her in confusion.

julie waved to the ghosts, pretending to swat away bugs moments later when her friend again noticed the strange behaviour.

"don't worry, we weren't listening." reggie assures her, making luke kick him and glare slightly.

once julie had left through the gate, the ghosts let out a small sigh and stepped back in to the studio.

"i wonder why julie didn't tell us she could shred on the piano?" reggie questions.

"and sing! that girls can sing!" luke adds, bouncing excitedly.

sydney grinned slightly at her brother, already recognizing the early signs of him having a small crush on julie.

"it probably has something to do with her mom." sydney suggests, walking further into the studio. "you know, that must've been hard."

"anyways, i really feel for her." alex agrees, heading up the ladder to the loft.

"yeah but, now she's got music back in her life, just like us." luke says, looking over the song sheets on the piano again.

"yeah, i'm not sure you can call what we have a life." sydney points out jokingly from across the piano. luke rolls his eyes slightly and sticks his tongue out at his sister.

"oh hey, some of the clothes we left behind are still up here." alex interrupts the siblings bickering, drawing their attentions to the loft.

"sweet!" luke dives for the bags as alex drops them over the balcony. "ugh, same clothes since '95, guys." he opens the bag closest to him as sydney walks around him to the other bag alex had thrown down.

she pulled it open to reveal her old clothes, grinning as she pulled the hoodie over her head and grabbed a new shirt, heading to the bathroom to change.