Chapter FORTY- EIGHT

Start from the beginning

"Uhm...so what are your plans for today?" I cleared my throat, changing the subject. She adjusted her head on my lap, accidentally placing her head on my crotch. I let out a groan and she gasped, lifting her head and moving t a sitting position immediately.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to.." she apologized, eyes wide and cheeks rosy. I nodded, forcing a smile.

"Do you hate me so much that you want my generation to stop here?" I teased, smirking. Her face burned a bright red as she rolled her eyes at me.

"If I wanted to do that, I'll have done it a long time ago. I'll just cut it off, simple" she smirked, making the smirk drop from my face. I crossed my leg over the other, eyeing her suspiciously.

"Oh. Thanks for the warning" I said and she laughed, making me stare for a while. I would love to draw her like that. Head thrown back in laughter with rosy cheeks and crinkled eyes.

She opened her mouth to give a snarky comment when we heard Susan walking towards us. "Hey kids. I'm heading to the store. We're out of some foodstuffs" She announced, eyes searching the room. She is dresses in a blue, knee length, dress and black heels.

Alex adjusted herself in her seat, looking at her mom. "Mom, be safe. Please" she said quietly. Susan met her daughter's gaze and gave her a small smile.

"I will, I promise" she said and sneaked a glance at me. Her gaze locked onto a car key on the arch by the TV and she let out a small huff before taking it. "Are you staying for lunch?" Susan asked, looking at me.

"Do you want me to?" I smiled, raising an eyebrow. Susan laughed quietly, blushing.

"Of course!" She beamed. I could see Alex gagging and making funny faces from the corner of my eyes, making me chuckle.

"Then I will. Can't miss spending lunch with a charming woman" I added, making her blush even more. She giggled and looked a Alex.

"Mom, please go now!" Alex drawled. Susan laughed.

" Okay, I will. But before I leave..." She paused and placed her hands in her waist, giving her an intimidating look. She met both our gazes. "No sex or anything inappropriate in my house, got it?" She said and I heard Alex groaned loudly. I equally choked on my saliva. What?!

She grabbed a nearby pillow and covered her face with it. "Go away, mom! We won't do such!" She said, her voice coming out muffled from the pillow. Susan chuckles, satisfied with our embarrassed faces.

"Bye" she waved and left, leaving Alex and I in an awkward silence. I cleared my throat and stood up, feeling my throat suddenly go dry.

"You're heading home?" Alex asked, looking up at me.

"You sound like you don't want me to go" I raised an eyebrow, smirking. She rolled her eyes at me and waved her hands around.

"I don't care and I want you to go" she said, looking away. I bent down and leaned towards her, caging her between my arms on the couch. She caught her breath in her throat, not meeting my gaze.

"Are you sure?" I teased in a low voice. She licked her lips and hummed, making me shift my gaze to them. I looked at her eyes again and this time, she met my gaze. My gaze fell on her lips again and I shut my eyes. No!

I remembered Eli's last words yesterday. It is really disappointing that my best friend doesn't trust me. Yes, I slept with girls and I admitted that it is wrong but they threw themselves at me plus, I need distractions. I'm not going to partake in whatever game Eli is trying to play with me. Or war.

I just hope he didn't do anything stupid out of anger. Alex's forehead on mine brought me back to the present. The action surprised me. Her eyes are closed. "I feel sick" she whispered to me.