To Break the Rules, or to Not Break the Rules (feat. Quidditch and a cat chase)

Start from the beginning

Besides Quidditch, my loyalty, and Lupin's success, the only other popular topic of conversation is the first Hogsmeade trip of the year, which is the first 'official' time for the third years to go. But seeing as the girls and I are close to Fred and George who have had the map in their hands since they've arrived, we've naturally snuck there every year thanks to their help (and the Marauders, seriously if I ever meet them I'll be thanking them non-stop and do whatever they want-of course within reason).

"Harry, have you asked McGonagall if you can go yet? We leave in three days." Ron asks, rushing through his Divination homework

"Not yet, with Quidditch training and all. But I'll ask tomorrow during her class maybe," he answers.

"I still don't think it's a good idea, Harry. With Sirius Black and all-"

"Oh come off it, Mione. He won't be snooping 'round in Hogsmeade unless he's an idiot. Besides, he can't be the only third year left behind,"

"Ronald Weasley!" Hermione practically yells. "Harry is supposed to stay in school, not wander about-"

"Ooh look! Crookshanks is back! I think he's caught something too..." I quickly say, trying to diffuse this newfound tension.

"Does he have to eat, out of all things, a spider around us? I mean, it's disgusting, Mione really." Ron complains and pretends to gag.

"Clever kitty, did you catch that all by yourself? Good job," she coles as the cat swallows the poor spider.

"Just keep it over there please, I don't want to watch that. Besides, I've got Scabbers resting inside of my bag." Ron irritably states.

"Why would you carry an ill rat in your school bag? You're not trying to hurt him, are you?" Hermione asks exasperatedly.

"How long do you think it'll take until the third screaming match this week?" I ask as I lean over to Reg and Harry, watching the scene unfold between Ron and Hermione.

"I'd say another three minutes, five sickles." Harry answers

"Thirty seconds, and you're on." Reg smirks at him, and I look at the pocket watch that I've started to carry around with me seeing as I'm horrible at keeping track of the time. I've barely started the timer when-

"OY! LEAVE SCABBERS ALONE YOU FILTHY ANIMAL! LET HIM GO!" Ron roared as Crookshanks decided to go after the rat.

"RON DON'T HURT HIM!" Mione squealed as Fred and George came down to see what all of the commotion was about.

"Now, please tell me you didn't let Ron and Regan start another game of exploding snap without telling us-" Fred started, but then saw the situation. George leapt for Crookshanks as he passed by, and Harry, Reg, and I are officially brought into the chase when Ron starts throwing things at the poor cat as if he's aiming to kill.

Finally, Harry catches Crookshanks, and gives her to Hermione, who storms upstairs to the dorms, and Ron storms away with Scabbers to the boys.

"Official time was 30.05 seconds," I declare, remembering the bet.

"Ha! Take that Potter!" Reg exclaims happily while Harry hands her the money.

"How are you so good at betting at stuff like this? This is the third one we;ve made and I've lost every one." Harry complains, although in awe of Regan's skill.

"That's because Peanut here has been taught by the best," Fred replied, smirking at Harry and moving to take my place on the couch next to Reg, I can see how hard she's trying to hide her blush, so I naturally do the thing that any good friend would do, and abandon the couch altogether and moving to sit next to Harry at the table.