01| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐮𝐩

Start from the beginning

"And they don't exactly like Shakespeare, okay, Alec?" Isabelle states causing Alec to roll his eyes.

The Lightwood siblings start to walk out from under an archway that leads to the main area. "You're plenty of a distraction on your own." Alec points out.

Izzy sighs as they walk past someone while Rosanna waves at the passing person who smiles back at her. "So, be yourself, Is that what your trying to say?" Izzy questions in amusement while adjusting her grip on the youngest Lightwood. Alec shakes his head and walks down the a couple of steps along with his sisters.

"Nevermind. Looking good, let's go." He states getting back at the task at hand. The trio walk up to a dirty blonde male who was standing in front of monitor in the main area.

"We're ready Jace." Isabelle announces causing Jace to turn his attention away from the monitor.

Jace acknowledges the blonde wig in Isabelle's hands and nods in approval. "Nice choice Izzy. Demons dig blondes." He states.

"Actually Anna chose it." Isabelle tells him. Jace looks down at Rosanna with a grin and nods.

"Nice choice Anna." He looks back at the monitor while Rosanna grins in victory for her choice of hair colour.

"It's platnium." Alec corrects as Jace taps a smaller screen. Jace steps away from the monitor and looks to the elder Lightwood siblings to brief them about the mission.

"All right,guys, for some reason our demon friends are killing mundanes and draining their blood." He informs them. The group starts to leave the main area and into the training dojo.

"Why do they want blood? Isn't that vampire territory?" Alec questions in confusion.

"I don't Alec." Jace honestly tells him. "Lazy vampires maybe." He shrugs and they walk up the steps to get the weapons.

Isabelle sighs from behind the boys and adjust her grip on Rosanna's hand as she thinks about the reason demons would need human blood. "There must be something special about their blood." She thinks out aloud.

"What could be special about mundane blood?" Alec deadpans. Jace pushes a button in the wall and it slides open to reveal different sized blades.

Isabelle looks at her elder brother with an offensive look. "You get me a sample and I'll tell you exactly what they're looking for." She states. Jace takes out two blades and hands them to the eldest Lightwood siblings before he takes one for himself. Rosanna goes to take a blade but Jace slides them back into their original position,knowing Rosanna was mostly gonna take one.

"We'll have more answers when we figure out exactly who the demons are working for." Jace states trying to avoid an argument between the siblings. Rosanna pouts at the lack of weapon she has as they start to walk back into the main room.

"So you don't think they're acting on their own?" Isabelle questions.

"No." Jace glances at her before shaking his head.

"They're not exactly creative thinkers, they're shapeshifters." Alec comments from the back. The three shadowhunters walk down the steps as the youngest jumps down them with her tongue sticking out on the side in concentration.