Delay

"NUGGET!!" "I-is he.. alive?" The principals amorphous body slowly sank into the slime, its surface coming to a slow bubble. It was silent. The trio stood in shock, staring at the pool of strange liquid. Billy took a few steps forward, "Nugget-?!" He yelled into the pit. There was no answer. Suddenly, Lily shouted in distress. "THIS WAS A DISASTER! WE DIDN'T SAVE THE OTHER KIDS A-AND NOW-..." Her sentence came to an abrupt end, and Billy stood beside her with a pained expression. Kid stared at the pool in saddened shock. The silence was gone when suddenly the three children broke out of the pool, confusedly trying to scramble out. After a few seconds of shock, Billy ran to the edge and began helping them out. "Lily!-" he shouted for his sister, and she snapped out of her thoughts, rushing over to help. Kid ran over as well, ready to offer help to the trio as they clambered out. Once they were all free, they all turned their attention back to the pool. Unmoving. "Did- did any of you feel anything else down there? Could you see?" Billy questioned in a panic. "I-I don't know..." one of the kids answered woozily. "W-Well I couldn't see..." as they tried to recollect any information they had, suddenly Lily shouted. "THE CLAWS!" She spun around to Kid. "Put one of the claws into the pool! He could grab onto it!" Kid sprinted over to the button panel, and Billy called after. "Slowly! You don't want to push him in further-" Kid affirmed he had heard before lowering the green claw into the slime. "How are we going to tell if he's grabbed on?" Lily asked quickly. "Was is easy to move in you three? Could he bang on the claw?" Billy questioned the trio. The kids slowly shook their heads. "C-could you breathe in it?!" Lily asked fearfully. The kids cringed. Billy turned back to the pool and shouted, and placed his hands on part of the claw that was above the liquid and reachable. "IF YOU CAN HEAR US GRAB ON! TRY TO SHOW US YOU HAVE!" A few seconds passed, and the gangs hope began to dwindle again. Lily was about to speak, before Billy suddenly yelled. "I-I FELT SOMETHING! KID, LIFT IT!"  The claw shot up and over the ground, and a large amount of the green substance slowly poured off it. Everyone stared until a thud shook the floor. "NUGGET!" The main trio shouted in unison. They each quickly ran over to help the odd child up, as he hacked and coughed. "N-nugget is- fine...." He choked out. As the siblings and Kid helped him regain his balance, he slowly looked around. "Nugget d-did good r-right...? The monster was no ones friend....?" The trio pulled him into a hug. "You did great, Nugget. Thank you for saving us." "Thank whatever's in that stuff that your not dead!" Kid nodded along with the siblings. Nugget stood up straighter and began brushing the green substance off himself. "Nugget is durable. Nugget has held his breathe for much longer." The trio chuckled along with the strange kids logic. "How did you move the claw though? The other kids said it was hard to move in that stuff." Billy questioned. "Nugget has dug caves with his bare hands. That was nothing to Nugget." He said with a sense of pride. Billy simply shrugged. "Not wrong, I guess..." Lily sighed before looking towards the exit. "I think we should get out of here, and get cleaned up." Everyone agreed, and they began the walk to the elevator. "Man... what can fit into two days, huh.." Billy said exasperatedly. Kid sighed, shut his eyes and quietly laughed.