Y/N slumped against her bed in defeat. There was going to be no saving whatever was about to unravel. She's probably planning the "date" right now, Y/N thought to herself, eyeing her closet.

Y/N found herself looking across a table at Jean, both of them offering each other apologetic glances. Sasha had been babbling about how cute the two were together for the entirety of the five minutes they'd been seated.

"You owe me fifty bucks, Connie!" Sasha shouted gleefully.

"Your food is going to be more than that. Can't I just pay for you?" he sighed, eyeing the menu of the expensive restaurant Sasha picked.

"You'll be paying for me and those two on top of that anyway," Connie opened his mouth to interject but Sasha stopped him, "Nope. No complaining, it'll be a beautiful way to start their relationship!" she squealed glancing at Y/N and Jean excitedly.

"Their relationship is going to start with me going broke, how is that beautiful?" Jean laughed breaking up their bickering.

Sasha slid the fifty dollars she won in the bet into her purse before leaning across the table. "Are you enjoying yourself so far Jean L/N*?"

Jean chuckled, "Sure, I am, but I'm pretty sure Y/N would be the one to take my last name."

"Hmm, Y/N Kirstein... nope don't like it. Tradition ain't too popular with us young folk anyway," she joked nudging Y/N's side.

"Honestly Y/N, I'm surprised you agreed to this," Jean admitted sheepishly. "Wouldn't you rather be with that Er—" Y/N kicked him as hard as she could underneath the table.

"Jean, you good?" Connie asked placing a hand on his shoulder.

Jean had to breathe for a second, "Just fucking peachy." he grimaced, still holding his shin.

Before they could say anything else, a server came and asked for their orders. Y/N felt relief rush over her as everyone turned their attention to their cravings.

Y/N and Jean decided to take a walk through the city before heading home.

"I'm really sorry we had to cut our recovery period short," Y/N apologized studying all the cracks in the sidewalk.

Jean laughed, keeping his head down as well, "It's fine... well it's going to have to be until we convince Sasha we aren't dating."

Y/N groaned and they both laughed together. She cleared her throat before speaking again, "As you probably figured the brunette's — Eren — name is off-limits."

"May I ask why?"

"I don't think it'd be a good idea to tell you with your emotions... the way that they, um, are," Y/N bit her lip and glanced at Jean before gluing her eyes back to the sidewalk.

"I promise you can tell me," he assured her.

Y/N knew it was a bad idea but she told him. The cheating with multiple girls, the way sex was all Eren wanted towards the end, and how he popped up again only a few weeks ago. She made sure the part about them growing closer after his party was incredibly brief.

"Oh," was all Jean said for a moment, "he's the reason you came to me that last time, huh?" Y/N nodded slowly in response. "You probably shouldn't have told me all that," Jean admitted with a chuckle.

"Please don't tell—"

"Hey, don't worry about it. I'll keep it under wraps for you. Maybe I can try punching a wall a few times to let go of it," he joked sadly.

"Jean I don't want to make you sad or anything..." Y/N reached to place her hand on his arm comfortingly but stopped herself.

"How could I be sad? I'm walking through the city with a beautiful girl concerned about my feelings. Life can't get much better." He tilted Y/N's head towards his so she could see the sad smile he was offering.

not me feeling bad like i can't just change it lmao.
~ ollie