I open the door to see a vaguely decorated room with an attached bathroom and closet. "Thank you Dad" I say and lay down on the bed. "I'm gonna go to sleep. I got work early in the morning. Florence and her daughter will be here at 2:30" he says.

I say goodnight and bring myself to unpack only my clothes and toiletries. Before going to bed, I try out the new shower and crash.

At around 11, I finally wake up. I put on some pants and wobble down the stairs, looking for some water. I spot an Alexa on the kitchen counter and tell her to shuffle Summer Walker.

I never had any friends other than the ones I was forced to. My mother would make me hang out with celebrity kids but they were all really snobbish or just rude. I was the one who suggested to move to Atlanta, three years ago.

It wasn't until my mom got a part in a film that was being made across the world, in Morocco, that she felt the need to move me somewhere else. I feel like my mom never wanted kids, and on her path the fame, she used me multiple times as a guilt trip.

That's all I ever was to her. A pawn. That's all anyone ever is to her. That's why my dad left and that's why I always wanted to as well.

My dad was so much more compassionate than her, always worrying about my well-being. He would call me every week, just to talk about how we've been. He used to fly down to LA to see me, but his last trip ended awry.

I went and got ready, throwing together cargo pants with a graphic tee. I pair it with some forces and went downstairs, to go lay on the couch.

A couple hours later, someone knocks on the door. I go to open it and a dark skin teenager and what looks like to be her mother come in. "Hi, I'm Florence. I work with your dad. This is Teyanna" she says and motions to the girl behind her. "Oh, hi Florence. I'm Sapphire nice to meet you" I hold my hand out and she shakes it.

"Oh aren't you the cutest little thing. It's nice to meet you too baby. I gotta get to work" she says and hugs me goodbye. She kisses Teyanna on the forehead and walks back to her car.

I open the door to let Teyanna in and she sits on the couch. "How long you been here?" she asks me. "Like 9 hours" I laugh and she laughs too. "If you want me to show you around I gotchu" she smiles and I nod.

"Oh for sure. I have no clue where the hell I even am" I laugh. "Bet. My friend having a back to school party tonight. You want to slide?" she asks, taking her buzzing phone out of her pocket.

"Hello?" Teyanna answers the FaceTime call. "Yooo. Where you at? I thought you was comin hea" I hear someone say. I just go on my phone to avoid eavesdropping. "Who the hell is that?" I hear the voice on the phone exclaim.

I realize that the camera is pointed towards me and laugh. "Hey, I'm Sapphire" I look up at Teyanna who has a grin on her face. "Hot damn! Who is that" I hear another voice say and the camera shakes a little until it's another guy in the frame.

"Whaddup shawty. Wus yo name" he says, rubbing his waves down. "Sapphire" I respond. "Mm. I'm Diamonté. Why I'a neva heard of you" he asks, putting his bottom lip in his mouth. "I'm new. I just moved here" I respond. I look up and see Teyanna almost crying at how hard she's laughing.

"Who the hell you on the phone with?" I hear a now female voice say. The phone drops and I see Diamonté get slapped in the head. The camera shakes again and a woman comes in the frame.