• 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐅𝐮𝐧 •

Start from the beginning

Jazmine looked down, she didn't know why, Huey was never the protective type. Defensive yeah, he knew Jazmine could use assistance when it came to self defence, but never protective. Whenever she wondered off he would just let her, so why was this any different?

The briar roses began surrounding the two, breaking off of their stems in a pirouette formation, the petals that hadn't stayed on formed into small bella pink monarch butterflies that began particularly swarming around Huey, he lacked any reaction to what was happening.

One of these creatures flew into Jazmine's hands, and she admired it in all of it's intricate beauty, however, it was only a matter of seconds before it disintegrated into a small pile of briar rose petals. The petals then flew into the air, joining the many others in a radiant dance among the soft yellow sky.

"Wow..." was all she could say, her emerald eyes gazing upon the scene in wonder and amazement.

Huey stepped forward, and for a split second Jazmine could see something in his eyes that was not like any emotion she had seen him express, then he smiled, it wasn't a wide smile, it was a small, barely noticeable one. Jazmine loved it when he showed those smiles, they were rare, but whenever she got to see them, she cherished them and took pride in being able to make him feel that way.

He then brought out his hand, and placed it on the side of her face, for a moment she could have sworn he was analyzing her, looking into her eyes and reading her inner most thoughts.

"Jaz, I... missed you"

Jazmine smiled, resting her head against his hand, caressing her cheek into his palm "I know, I missed you too"

The rose petals and butterflies began swarming around them more intensely, but the two teens didn't seem to care, keeping their eyes locked, they could feel themselves getting closer, and closer, and closer, until-

"EEK!"

Jazmine woke up in a cold sweat, patting herself down for a few seconds as her body processed that she was in her bed, in her room, in her house. She then began shaking her head "no no no... this can't be happening, we only started talking again last week! Oh gosh oh gosh oh gosh..."

As much as she didn't want to, Jazmine had to accept that she had just had a warm and cosy dream about Huey in which they almost kissed, this shouldn't have been happening, but it was. What was she going to do? She couldn't have a crush on him, Jazmine was sure she had gotten over those feelings almost a year ago before he had even left, she refused to believe all it took was a simple facetime to reignite them.

She laid back on her bed, but found it deathly difficult to fall back asleep. As dumb as it sounds, she feared she'd have another Huey related dream, and she simply couldn't have that. She brought her phone to her face and sighed, it was four in the morning, and she had to meet Cindy later that day once she arrived back in Woodcrest, she wondered what to do, she she began scrolling through her contacts. As expected, her groupchats were blowing up since some people didn't know the definition of sleep, but she didn't feel like talking to them.

She wanted to talk to Huey.

It was stupid, wanting to talk to the guy who she just dreamed of, but she wanted to. She clicked on his name, reading over their last conversation together and smiling, he was such an awkward texter, she wondered who else he messaged privately. Overcome by this sudden yearning, she did something very reckless.

Jazzy: Hey huey (^∀^●)ノシ

Jazmine felt her face heat up in embarrassment, it was four in the morning! Why would she text him? Especially after what just happened? She planned to just delete the text message, as long as Huey didn't see it when he woke up he'd never know she-