They arrived back at base as Y/n saw Oluo, Eld and Gunther's body are being put inside. Eren and Petra are brought to the infirmary to check on their injuries. Hours later, Petra finally woke up and saw Y/n sleeping on her bed while holding her hand. She rub his head making him stir and woke up.

Petra: Hey, are you-

She was cut off as Y/n instantly embraced her while tearing up a little.

Y/n: You're okay, glad nothing bad happened to you.

Petra: Hey it's okay, I'm okay.

They separate the hug as Petra wiped her tears away.

Petra: Thank you for saving me Y/n.

Y/n: B-But I couldn't save the others. I didn't transform in time and-

Petra: What matters is that you're safe and I'm still here to take care of you.

Y/n calmed down and sat next to her on the bed.

Petra: How did the mission go?

Y/n: The mission failed and when Eren wakes up, he'll be sent away.

Petra: Where's everyone?

Y/n: Taking a rest.

Petra: You should too.

Y/n: I'm fine, I won't leave you here.

They then heard a knock on the door as it opened revealing Shiva.

Shiva: I'm not interrupting something am I?

Y/n: No mom, we are just talking. What brings you here?

Shiva: Just came here to check up in you and Petra. You've been here since she was taken in and didn't eat anything so I brought you guys food.

Petra: Thank you Mrs. L/n.

Shiva: Just call me Shiva sweetie.

She put the food on the bed as Y/n and Petra started to eat. Shiva then stared at how close the two are.

Shiva: You guys are really close huh?

Y/n: Yup, Petra is like my big sister here. She was the one who insisted to take care of me when I first met them.

Shiva: Well thank you do much for taking care of him Petra, I really appreciate it.

Petra: It's no worries Shiva, Y/n was so cute when we first met him 5 years ago. The fact that his titan form just spoke when we approached him.

Y/n: I still remember the shock faces of everyone.

Shiva: Oh Y/n, Annie and Mikasa are very worried about you. You should go see them.

Y/n: Sure, see you when come back sis.

Petra: Okay. I'll be having a talk with your mother.

Y/n: By the way Mom, where's the baby?

Shiva: Her name is Sophie and she's with Sasha.

Y/n: Okay then, see you guys later.

Y/n walked out of the room and searched for Annie and Mikasa. He walked around until he saw them sitting on a wagon.

Y/n: Hey you two.

They looked up and instantly ran towards him and gave him a hug. He hugged back and kissed their heads.

Annie: We were so worried about you.

Mikasa: When we went to Petra's room, you were asleep. Have you eaten yet?