14. it's easier to be closed off and sarcastic, than it is to face my shit.

Start from the beginning

"It's difficult." The way her words rang within his ear drums fazed him. "It's easier to be closed off and sarcastic, than it is to face my shit."

"I feel that..." Her eyes looked into Riven's, her head rested on his shoulder- much to his surprise. But, it didn't stop him from placing his own onto hers.

They sat there wallowing in the shared torpid display. Nothing coming from it, just closure.

Closure that she'd always have two boys out there to look after her when she hit rock bottom.

The two separated their ways. Her feet taking her to the Suite- hoping for it to be empty so that she could change out of her snug uniform and take a shower in peace from all of the stress of recent events.

As her feet turned the corner, her eyes saw the grinning figure of Sam Harvey. His brown eyes met her own. "Get lucky?" Her mischievous tone rang in his ears- causing his cool demeanour to be wrecked with the rose tint of his cheeks.

He shook his head as he paced past the air fairy, who continued on her way. Upon her entrance to the suite, Musa was sat on the sofa. Her figure on high alert, an iridescent twinkle faded beside her. That same iridescence she recognised belonged to Stella. The girl who was in Solaria, after being taken back by her mother. How?

As the girl tapped into her magic, her violescent orbs visible to the mind fairy. "Hi, Averie..." Her voice dragging as her own amaranthine irises flashed- absorbing the sibylline emotions that her suitemate emitted.

The other girl sensed the gap in the air perched on top of the sofa adjacent to the one Musa happened to be seated on. Her brain configuring the possibility that someone could be using empyrean sourced powers. There was only one person she knew to have that ability. "Hi, Stella..." Her voice visible in the hiding female's ears.

Averie caught wind of the sigh that hadn't originated from either herself or Musa. The figure of the blonde princess appearing out of thin air. The expression was unreadable between the two alpha females of the same age. "Didn't think I'd be glad to see that face. But I am..." The princess stated, much to the surprise of both girls.

"I never thought I'd hear those words come from your mouth." The approaching air conjurer stated, seating herself on the empty sofa that was opposite Stella and adjacent to Musa's position.

The poorly dressed royal shook her head. "Neither did I."

The three spent a good half an hour speaking with each other. Civilly, to the surprise of all participants. "Hun, you do realise that if I'm okay with you being here, that nobody else should have a problem with it." Stella had to admit she was taken aback by her words. The fact that she had revealed a deep-seated secret concerning a past she didn't want aired to the school and she was willing to forgive her. Averie hoped that Stella could forgive her for the whole... drunken make-out verging on intercourse with her then-boyfriend.

"Ave, wants to know if you forgive her..." She should've known better than to express her emotions with an empath in the mix. But she didn't glare at the dark-locked girl, instead she looked up into the azure-eyes of Stella.

Those eyes stared back at her own. The girl's arms crossed. "I think that you did us both a favour..." The hoodie-wearing blonde changed her stance so that she was standing. "Sky and I weren't right. I was so reliant on him that I couldn't give him the support he needed. You gave him that." It would be a difficult adventure for Averie not to feel sorry for the her former rival.

Her mother's methods of harnessing mass amounts of power through her magic. The stress she had to endure and the accident that made her friend blind when she wasn't able to control that power. Maybe she had been quick to judge the light-haired princess and Stella had released watching how the girl had cried in the dorm when she thought no one was there, that what she did hurt Averie and that if she hadn't held such a envious view of the girl- that they could have been good friends.

______________________________ ☾︎•°_______________________________

Sky was missing and so was Bloom- who had been found out by Aisha and Terra to be conspiring with Beatrix to find out her past. Whilst the others tried to prevent the girl from doing something she would regret, Averie needed to find the boy she had grown to care about. She didn't get the shower she wanted and she hadn't changed out of her specialists' attire.

Her pulled-back hair bounced in unison with each step she jogged. At some point her lungs longed for air and in that moment as she stopped her motions- the wisps of the wind spoke her name. Over and over.

The source of the echoes seemed to draw her down to the Stone Circle. For reasons unknown to herself, she followed the beckoning- a force inside of her uncontrollable as it strayed her down the steps. Last time she had done this, she hadn't been coherent or sober. But now she was being drawn by voices that caught the wind.

"Starting to doubt my own sanity..." Her vocals argued. The vision of a guy dressed in azure clothing caught her eye. His body scattered on the thinned-out grass. Fire alight around the circle. "Bloom..." She deduced the source of the flames, but the fiery-haired female wasn't in sight. Only the blonde-haired boy was present in the circle.

Her movements were celeritous, as she was knelt down beside the boy. Her hands jolted his body in a gentle manner- attempting to wake him. She knew he wasn't dead as his head lifted off of the greenery. His glaucous eyes looked at the girl positioned next to his cowered body. "Sky?" She was desperate to see that he would wake up. The muscles in his body pushing himself up- either magic activated, aiding in the issue. "What happened?" Her voice alerted, as they both rose to their feet.

His mind still numbed by the sedative that Bloom had spiked the drink with. "I came down here to find you... but Bloom was here instead." Her tongue clicked, she should have known. "She had this artefact that looked like it was being charged. I took a drink and then next thing... you were here."

Her arms crossed, searching for answers in her own mind about what he was talking about. They shared the same idea at the same moment. Eyes locking with each other. "Beatrix! We've gotta tell them!" Her motions were fluid as were his. Sky followed her.

They knew where they'd find the faculty.

At the border of the barrier. Preparing for the battle that they knew was coming.

It didn't matter if they were ready for it as Sky equipped his over-shoulder equipment belt.

It didn't matter as they sprinted to the barrier if anything stopped them- because the Burned Ones were swarming around Alfea.

It didn't matter as long as they stayed alive.

The battle was coming and there was nothing they could do to stop it.