"Oh...yes. It's quite beautiful", I answered truthfully.

"Mm."

He then promptly plucked it from my hands and walked away towards the inner chamber. I stood there, fighting the urge to pout for having it snatched away from me. I snapped out of it when I heard my name being called.

I rushed over and met him standing in front of the stone walls. When I looked closer I saw that the wall had a large cavity, lined with polished wood with roughly a dozen swords arranged in neat rows, their handles sticking out.

 When I looked closer I saw that the wall had a large cavity, lined with polished wood with roughly a dozen swords arranged in neat rows, their handles sticking out

[A/N Just imagine that he likes katanas and built a collection.]
***

He sheathed the sword in his hand and placed it back into the empty slot. When he was done he turned to me.

"How did your day go?"

I was taken aback. Gwi never asked me about my day? Why the sudden interest?

"I- Father took me along when he visited First Minister Choi. I was introduced to his daughter, Hyeryung", I reported.

"Hm. How was she?"

"Very sweet. We got along very well. I'm looking forward to meeting her again."

I didn't know how to go about telling him about how our conversation ended. Worse case scenario, she might be seen as a traitor. I didn't want that. I liked her.

"Is that all?", he asked, as if sensing that I was hiding something.

"Well she... she noticed the mark on my neck. She put two and two together and asked me if you were feeding from me...", I trailed, gulping as his brows furrowed slightly.

"And what did you tell her?"

"The truth. That you were... and I was perfectly fine with it", I answered, whispering the last part as he came closer. He leaned closer to my neck.

"Perfectly fine, you say? Even with the pain of the bite?"

A shiver went down my spine when I felt his lips brush my skin.

"I've gotten used to it. It doesn't feel so painful anymore."

Suddenly, Gwi seemed to tense up. He slowly straightened up, not taking his eyes off the bite mark on my neck. He seemed to be contemplating something before nodding.

"Stay close to Hyeryung

"Stay close to Hyeryung. I'm sure you're aware that she's the Crown Prince's fiancée?", he said.

"Yes, my lord."

Gwi hummed. He began to walk out but as I started to follow a thought came to mind.

"My lord...may I ask a question?"

He hummed, signaling me to continue.

"If Hyeryung-unnie was brought to you before me...why didn't you just keep her?", I asked. He stopped and tilted his head.

"Why are you curious about such a thing?"

I licked my lips, "I was just wondering...if you had her first, why would you feed from her only once then bother with me? Her father is in a higher position than mine. She seems very resourceful and intelligent. She would've been a good companion, maybe even better than me. I assume my father never mentioned me so I'm a bit puzzled on how I was the one who ended up by your side."

"Is that really what you think?"

I bit my lip, keeping silent.

"...You assumed right. Your father never mentioned you. He never suggested giving you to me. Logically there is no way I should've known about your existence", he clarified, but it only further confused me.

"Then...how...?"

"I rejected Hyeryung because she wasn't what I wanted", he turned to me and smiled, "Who I wanted, to be precise."

"I- what-", I stumbled back.

"I've known about you longer than you think, Eun-ah. I just decided...to be a little patient."

--------------------------------
No I'm not dead. I just started Uni. I wrote this out during orientation so yh. I actually wanted to double update but the next chapter isn't ready yet.

I know this chapter is awfully short but- *rubs face*- I'm just tired but I really wanted to update so...😊here you are!

I'm not making any promises but I hope to update really soon so bear with me🙂

Love you guys!🤗🤗💜💜💜

ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUNG HOSEOK!!💜💜💜🌻🌻🌻☀️🌟🌟🥂☀️🎂🎂🍨🍾💜💜💜