13. i've already sent for her.

Start from the beginning

It was his specialist comrade who released a drawn out sigh. "And this will have no bearing on Averie?" The Headmaster waved his hands as a reflex action.

"She seems like she's made of thick skin..." In reality, Marcus had no idea what his daughter was like. Eight years of absence in her life made sure of that, placed on top of the fact that he was never around before the incident. He didn't know a thing about his daughter.

The faculty remained silent. Despite their knowledge of his daughter's mental capability. A knowing that ran deeper than his. "When will they arrive?" Silva questioned.

"Later today."

"Have you even told Averie?" The father of two queried. Knowing the damage of keeping secrets from his children had beared on his relationship with Terra.

They all knew the answer. "It's too late now..." He wore a heavy-heart. He was still letting her down even when he's in her life. "How is she doin'?" They could recognise the sorrow in his voice.

A hand rubbed on the uppermost quadrant of his back. "She fights like 'er father..."

That caused a smile to grace his lips.

______________________________ ☾︎•°_______________________________

They were back-to-back. Their uniforms matching as their eyes were on alert- scanning each pathway that had them surrounded by the crimson hedges. Her hair interwined momentarily with his light locks. Her eyes were porphyrous, her senses were connected to the air that resided around her and Sky. Attempting to grasp any movements that tore apart the invisible force. "Ri, where is it?" The boy's voice echoed in the presently focused fairy.

A grin scarred her features. "Scared?" Head rotating slightly whilst she uttered that single word. The silence was empty and anticipating.

In almost an instant the vibrations channelled in her being. "To the left!" Her exclamation was sonorous; alerting the specialist- his sword raised. The teenagers faced the same barren corridor. Her body twitched, the undulations switched in their motion. Her own mind confounded by the switch.

Her neck snapped to the opposite direction, Sky's eyes on her expressions intently. The boy was still on edge, as the girl felt inutile to the situation. "I don't undertstan-"

The sharp and harrowing screech audible. The tenerbrous figure sprinting at the duo. The female of the pair had her arms in an elevated position. Her mind solivangant.

The burst of electrical gusts emitted from the palms of her hands. Captivating to the naked eye and truculent in nature. It crackled upon impact with the beast's chest. Averie's face contorted with an effort caused wince. The tips of the girl's fingers dragging out more of an influx. The Burned One wasn't faltered. "Come on!" Her own vocals screamed out in a bout of frustration. Sky was afraid to touch her khaki covered shoulder.

His eyes intent on the cracked rhythmic smirks that congregated around the length of her arms. One more leap and it would be on them. Even though they knew it wasn't the real thing- the fear settled in them.

Averie's arms dumbed as her magic released one final aftershock. This one incapacitated the monster. "Sky!" Her powers dissipated, allowing for the boy to do his job.

The silver of the hilted blade slashed cleaning at the upper limbs; mutilating the creature. His blonde hair jolting as he gave a swift flick of his head. The electricality pursued to pertrued the chest cavity of the same being. The figure developed into particles of noir- the dark particulates configured its form into the iridescent state of a diamond.