45 - People from State of Shu

En başından başla

Xu Hou swallows his saliva when he was shot by a deathly glare from the emperor.

Wu Zhang Wei clenches his fist tightly. The other three presents in the main tent didn't dare to utter any words. It feels suffocating like they were pressed by the dark aura emitted by Wu Zhang Wei.

Meanwhile, Wu Zhang Wei is thinking about what else he should do to make his great empress unnoticed by those undeserved bastards. Xiu Ying already stays a low profile and helped him from behind the scenes and never shows his ability in front of many people but still, it can't hide his greatness.

"Why Zhen never heard that Zhen's Empress has been the talk of other countries? Is it that Crown Prince who spread the news about Zhen's Empress?"

Xu Hou shakes his head. "Pardon Your Majesty, I'm not sure about that but I think it's not Prince Yang Lijun who told all those people. Because from what I heard, people from Yang Empire only know that their Crown Prince was cured by someone from our country but they didn't know it was Her Majesty. However, people from the State of Shu know it was Her Majesty. So, I guess, either someone from our country who leaked the news or State of Shu have moles in our country."

Wu Zhang Wei scoffs. "Either of them, find as soon as possible and get rid of them," Wu Zhang Wei leans back on the chair and said flatly.

Commander Junjie immediately folds his hands to the front and bows, "Yes, Your Majesty. I'll ask my men to investigate this matter right after this."

Zhang Wei hums. "What else did you find out? Is that all?"

"Forgive for my incompetence, Your Majesty. That's all I could find out. The security is too tight around the main tent and I, as the middle-rank soldier was not allowed to come closer. However, three times I saw two suspicious figures came to visit the camp. I couldn't see their face as they were wearing a hoodie, covering their head and it was too dark at night."

Wu Zhang Wei and Huang Fei Hong look at each other and frown.

"Did you remember when did you see them?" Fei Hong asked.

"I infiltrated their camp on the third day after they arrived near the border. I saw them the next two days, on the eighth and also last three days. I'm sure they're the same person. They got the same build, height and wearing the same robe. They always came at the same time every time, during midnight. I tried to ask the team leader but he just shook his head and told me to never asked anything about them. Middle and lower rank soldiers have no right to pry anything about whatever happened in the main tent. We're only required to follow whatever order or task given."

Wu Zhang Wei and Huang Fei Hong exchanged glances once again. Both of them have the same thoughts but they preferred to keep it to themselves first. It's not that they didn't trust Commander Lijun and Xu Hou but they don't want any eavesdropper to hear it.

"Alright. You may go now. Report as soon as you got new information," Wu Zhang Wei said while glancing at Fei Hong, sending a secret signal.

Both Commander Junjie and Xu How kowtow before leaving the main tent. Without saying anything, a moment later Wu Zhang Wei and Huang Fei Hong leave the main tent then head towards Wu Zhang Wei's tent.

The emperor's tent is guarded by five elite guards lead by Wei Min, which means in a radius of thirty meters, no one is allowed to get near to this tent unless permission is given by the emperor himself.

In the tent, one with knitted brows and another one released a heavy sigh.

"It was some people from the palace," Fei Hong said.

"More like one of the ministers," Zhang Wei added.

"But we can't blindly catch them without any solid evidence. You do know they dare to do this because they have a strong backup? If we just directly apprehend them, they might use it against us and it may lead to a bigger war." Huang Fei Hong sounds a little bit anxious. He knows how furious the emperor is right now because his beloved empress is somehow dragged into this matter. So, Wu Zhang Wei might act recklessly.