Jasper Danger (7)

Start from the beginning

Henry laughed randomly, "He touched her lips,"

"It's not funny, he's lying to her, and don't change the subject, I need more detail on this 'kiss' thing," Charlotte said looking sternly at me.

"Okay, when I come over later to get ready with you I'll tell you," I sighed.

Charlotte nodded, "Anyways, she's got dirty lips, now." 

"Come on," Henry smirked, pushing past Charlotte and me, "Hey, Jasper," he said.

Jasper turned to look at him.

"What's poopinin?" Henry asked.

"Henry, you guys know Monica," Jasper smiled.

"Sure," Henry said.

"Hi, Monica," Charlotte and I said in unison.

"Hi," Monica smiled back.

"So, dude, trick or treating tonight, you still coming with us?" Henry asked his friend.

"It's okay to say no," Charlotte suggested.

"Yeah, I'm coming," Jasper turned to Monica, "You want to come trick or treating with us?"

"I'd love to come," She said.

Henry glanced back at me with a smug smile, I narrowed my eyes at him. What was his deal?

"Cool, just remember, a certain captain might need my help tonight," Jasper poorly winked.

I choked back a laugh.

"That's okay, I like danger," Monica grinned.

"And danger likes you," Jasper giggled.

Henry scooted closer to him, "Hey Jasper,"

"What?" Jasper turned around.

Henry lifted his hand and placed two fingers on Jasper's lips, "Shh," he trailed.

I busted out laughing with Charlotte as Jasper glared at Henry.

"So, tell me everything that happened," Charlotte pleaded.

I was over at Charlotte's house getting ready to go out trick or treating, and she insisted on me telling her how Henry and I almost kissed, twice. I was in the bathroom putting my costume on while talking to her through the door.

"Well," I trailed, "It was the night before Ray faked being our substitute and I had decided to forget some stress I felt by dancing it away. So, I put on The Beatles and danced. Of course, I hadn't planned on anyone coming up to my room, so I just got comfy and danced my worries away," I finished putting the costume on and started on my hair.

"And?" Charlotte beckoned me to continue.

"When I turned around, Henry was standing right there, just smiling at me,"

"And?" She was getting excited.

"He asked me why I kept moving away from him every time he stood next to me. I told him why and he apologized,"

"And?" She squealed.

"I told him it was okay and we just stopped and stared at each other, then we started leaning in,"

She giggled psychotically, "And?"

"And then Ray came in, sent him home, and- and that was it,"

She groaned, "Aw, man."

"Yeah," I finished doing my hair and started pulling on my shoes, "The second time, he had asked me about what that 'almost kiss' was, and we got lost into each other's eyes and started leaning in again,"