𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Start from the beginning

"I'm not like the rest of you, i didn't grow up here. I don't have fairy parents." Bloom says while walking away from us. "I've done magic once in my life and it was..." Bloom stops here sentence there, probably too hurt to bring up the memory.

"What? Terrible? I'm shocked." Aisha finishes her sentence. "I flooded my entire secondary school after i failed a math test."

"Yeah and i made all the windows in my house blow up." I laugh. "Look Bloom everyone struggles with their powers sometimes. But that's exactly why we're here, to learn how to control them." And i place a hand on Blooms shoulder in comfort and she gives me a small smile in return.

"So uh..my mom and i don't really get along.. i know. Shocker. I'm not exactly the ideal daughter for her." Bloom starts to tell her story while she walks to a bench and sits down on it. "She'd love a cheerleader and i'm, exactly whatever the opposite of a cheerleader is."

—————

"And my mom was covered in third-degree burns." Bloom finishes her story with tears in her eyes. Aisha sits down next to her. "All because of me." And she looks down at the floor. "Every night after that, i snuck out. I was so scared that i'd hurt them again.. That i slept in this... creepy ass warehouse near my house. Until Miss Dowling found me." Bloom looks up at ut while she sniffles.

"Well i guess we can agree that your story beats ours." I give her a small smile out of pity for her. I know she probably doesn't want it but I can't help but feel sorry for her.

"And your parents had no idea it was you?" Aisha questions.

Bloom shakes her head. "I don't know distant my fairy ancestors are, but the most mystical thing my parents believe in is knocking on wood." Aisha gives me a sceptical look. Something doesn't add up here.

Bloom notices our weird looks. "What?"

Aisha looks at me and i give her a small warning to not say anything stupid that doesn't need to be true. "It's just odd. You drew on a good deal of magic without even trying. It's hard to believe your from a dormant bloodline. Is there any chance you're adopted?" I widen my eyes and give Aisha a small shove, you can't just ask someone that.

Bloom chuckles at Aisha's question. "No, there's no chance." She answers with a smile. But i keep frowning. It's indeed strange that she can channel that much power.

"I have heard the story of my birth about a million times. You know the 'miracle baby' thing." Bloom continues. "Had a heart defect in the womb but a day after i was born, it was gone."

"Oh god. You.... you're a Changeling." Aisha states. I look at her wide eyed.

"Aisha you can't just say stuff like that!" I say trying to convince her and myself that it isn't true but it has to be.

"Wait, wait. What is that?" Bloom asks confused. I give Aisha a glare, she shouldn't have said that.

Aisha sighs. "A Changeling is a fairy baby that's switches with a human one at birth." She takes a seat next to Bloom on the bench.

"Wait what?" Bloom looks confused and shocked.

"It's barbaric. It barely happens anymore." Aisha looks down to the floor.