THE FIRST BOOK

Opening the door, Flora entered her room and put on the lights.

Her eyes caught a glimpse of the book kept on the side table of her bed. The silvery voice of the blue-eyed girl spoke in her mind,"Read it word-by-word. Experience the feeling of getting lost in someone else's world to find your own self. Smile in their joy, cry in their sufferings, fall in love with them and experience the pain of loss and through the alchemy of these words, live a thousand lives ."

She absentmindedly picked up the book, still lost in her thoughts and started flipping through the pages of the book as she sat on her bed. She hadn't opened the book for the whole week, because she was sure that she won't be able to read the entire book.

She thought of giving it a try and began reading, very slowly at first and getting into the flow gradually.

***
The golden morning sunlight crept in through the windows and lit up Flora's already bright face.
She opened her eyes slowly as a response to the warmth of the sunlight that filled up her room.

She suddenly bolted upright. Her hands felt the dried tears on her cheeks and the last thing she remembered was crying at the end of the book. It was then that she realized that she had done it, finally!

She jumped out of her bed with the book still in her hands and rushed to the library.

She ran as fast as she could until she reached the library. It was exactly one week since she met the blue-eyed girl and the same time, half past ten in the morning. She rushed in, her eyes searching for the girl and she caught sight of the brown hairs that belonged to the blue-eyed girl.

She ran towards her not caring about the people standing in the way and embraced her as the tears of joy started flowing from her eyes.

At that moment, she felt happiness rushing through her veins. She now believed that miracles actually happen, because one had happened to her and that angels do exist, because she had met one in person.

(P. S. The next part titled 'Anonymous' will be the final part of this short story. I'll update it soon so say tuned!)