11. a legend of a creature that could induce storms.

Start from the beginning

"I can't feel anything from her." Her magenta eyes flickered back to their original colour. Terra stifled back the waterworks whilst Aisha clenched her fist in anger- water breaching her eyes.

The hysterics that erupted from Beatrix hinted to the cause of their lifeless suitemate. They just hoped that-

"Shit..." The mind fairy stated as the blonde boy in the tanned leather ran towards the arriving students. His face numbed, his eyes wide and his emotions void with a hint of melancholy.

"Averie?" His feet pranced down the stone steps down to his mentor who was walking away- air fairy in arms. An arm outstretched, blocking his path. That arm belonged to the only currently present teacher, Ben Harvey.

The visibly pained boy didn't need an empath for others to know how he felt. The look in his eyes was enough. "Is she okay?!" He screeched out to no one in particular. A hand contacted with his leather-padded shoulder, his eyes only needed to make out the scruffily placed hair to know who it was. "What are you doing here, Riven?" The jade eyed male could see the way his best friend's heart was in the process of being demolished.

But Sky also saw the way that his best friend was broken-hearted. The rare sight of tears in his eyes assured confirmation. "I care about 'er too, mate..." It wasn't Sky who flung his arms around Riven. It was Riven who pulled him into a tightly constricted hold.

______________________________ ☾︎•°_______________________________

Her body was laid out onto the bench in the greenhouse. The Headmistress returned from securing the murderer that they had been searching for during the assembly. Her eyes glimmered platinum before reverting to her brown eyes. Fingers placed into the deep pockets of her suit trousers. "Something's shielding her mind, which might explain the fact that her body wasn't vaporised." The two male faculty members nodded.

"Is she dead?" The tired black-haired specialist pondered. Farah shook her head, but her expression was equally as depressed as it had been before. "Then what aren't you telling us, Farah?"

The female sat on the parallel stone bench, looking at the expressionless visage of the brunette girl. "There's a legend... of a creature that could induce storms," her eyes looking up at the two men, "it wasn't a creator of destruction but... fairies caused the extinction of such rarities."

"And what does any of that, have to do with this?" The earth warlock stated, Silva nodding in agreement.

The woman took a long, deep breath. "In the Stone Circle I noticed the construct of her magic. I've never seen anything like it." She paused looking down at the girl. "And through further observation, Miss Alexander has a connection to the wind more powerful than any other air fairy that has walked into this institution."

The men acknowledged the information, allowing their colleague to continue. "The electrical charge in her body isn't from the attack, it's of Averie's own doing."

"And why would she do something like that?" It was the voice of Ben Harvey.

Another sigh released from the woman. "She's not doing it herself. It's the source of her magic controlling the actions."

Saul Silva had his arms crossed. "So you're saying that Averie is this extinct creature?" The woman shook her head.

"I'm saying that the creature is the source of her magic and if anybody else had been attacked by Beatrix they would be dead."

A sudden gasp came from the risen girl, whose eyes flashed the cool violet that they had always done. The pain seeping though her growing mark sourced from the currently locked up student. The agony caused her body to roll off of the bench, at the feet of Farah Dowling. The two men held onto her arms, with a groan she was lifted back onto the seat.

Her tongue tasted the iron as she licked her dry yet stained bottom lip. Hands attached to the section of bench that resided at either side of her pressed together thighs. "I- I- " her voice didn't know the words to express the experience, her hand brushing through her messily clad locks, her head throbbed at the touch. That was until the reality dawned on her, "my heart stopped. I- I felt it..." The widened eyes focused on the flooring whilst her voice trembled.

The greenhouse door opened in an abrupt motion. "Can I see h-- ?" The recognisable voice drew her eyes to the door.

His words cut by the sitting up figure. His eyes fixated on the fractal scarring that pertruded its way along her skin. Scattered like the branches on a tree. And then they drifted to the dark colouration which contrast against her paler tone.

Averie however just looked at his reddened eyes, sleep deprived- as if he hadn't slept a wink after not knowing if she was alive or dead. But the way she rushed her feet over to the boy was unprecedented and agile. The boy met her halfway. His arms wound around her shoulders. "Sky, don't- !" The Yorkshire accent from Silva exclaimed, not wanting him to intake an electrical current from the girl's skin.

That shock never came and she felt at peace. Docile and in a state of pure tranquillity. "We thought you were dead..." The voice muffled as he spoke with his head in the crook of her neck.

"So did I." Her tone serious- a change to what he was used to hearing. Her eyes looked at his; which were oh-so-close to her own. Her head nudged up, her lips lifting to fit with his.

This time both were sober and this time they both needed it. Desperately.

A cough came from behind the two, breaking them away from the emotional intimacy. "Miss Alexander, I'd advice you to reunite with your suitemates." She gave the woman a nod; confounded by the aura she sensed from the teachers. The blue eyed boy grabbed her hand with delicacy, walking out of the building.

Farah rubbed her face over with the palms of her hands. "Get Sky to keep an eye on her. A close eye..." The man delved his hands into the front pockets of his jeans.

"You never said the name of the creature..." Professor Harvey stated, rearranging test tubes and glass equipment.

Both sets of eyes intent on the woman. "The Thunderbird."

The trio shared looks. Knowing the extent and status of the creatures in question. "When are you plannin' on telling 'er, Farah?"

"I don't know, Saul..."