Chapter VII: Date with destruction

Start from the beginning

"That's a remarkable Compound Bow you've got there. Unfortunately, it's being used by you. I'll take it off of you to not waste such a fine piece of weaponry once I'm done here."

"Hahaha! Look at you, cherishing the good old days as an itty-bitty Knight of Favonius, aren't you? Or are you carelessly wielding the Favonius Greatsword out of spite for those pathetic excuses that you call as Knights?"

The two combatants looked at one another dead in the eyes, the desire to clash blades embedded in their glistening pupils.

"Had I brought the Wolf's Gravestone instead, this would be your final resting place once I make you take your last breath before you can even move."

"Like how your father took his after being slapped up by a little monster?"

No reaction came from the masked swordsman. Then, he ripped off his mask to reveal his face that emanated nothing but a hatred that burned greatly.

"Don't bring my father into this."

"I don't care. I'll do whatever I want, even if it means I have to get rid of you to achieve the grand goal of Her Royal Highness. But I sense strength in you, a strength that not many have. Perhaps this battle could make us comrades."

"You're just plain delusional. I'd eat shit over being comrades with you."

"Hahaha! Wonderful! Well then, I'll make sure you'll choke on buckets of it, Diluc."

The owner of the Dawn Winery spun his greatsword skillfully and lunged at the Harbinger.

The Harbinger leapt back and dodged the attack, firing a wave of Hydro from his bow in return.

Diluc sidestepped the wave easily and then launched himself into the air with his blade swung upwards.

Another surge of orange flames engulfed his greatsword and he swung back down fiercely at the Harbinger, unleashing a roaring Phoenix onto him

"Burn!"

Tartaglia dropped his bow to construct a familiar pair of Hydro daggers to block the sudden overpowering attack. But comparing the measly size of those daggers to the monstrous size of the Phoenix, such defence was deemed futile.

The blazing bird blew up in front of the Harbinger's face, vaporizing his daggers and torching parts of his clothes. Tartaglia backed up to coat himself in Hydro to try and put out the boiling flames on his shirt, gritting his teeth in agitation.

He's got quite the fight in him eh.

Diluc nose-dived from the sky and slammed his greatsword with catastrophic force onto the ground, sending tremors throughout the area and shook the foliage in the vicinity.