January 16, 2015 Freewrite

Prompt: hidden camera

I felt like I was being watched. It was like eyes burning into the back of my head. I thought I saw a flash of light, but when I looked back it was gone. 'Maybe I'm just being paranoid' I thought to myself.

'Click'

I froze immediately. Definitely not paranoid. I opened my ears to the wolf hearing and scanned my surroundings. To the left was the street, full of cars coming and going, not one of them slowing down. To the right, there were two men talking about sports and a woman with a baby talking on her phone. Behind me I heard the unmistakable sound of someone shuffling about nervously. I heard a camera swinging over their shoulder, slapping against their back.

My eyes flashes open as my lips curled back over my canines as I let out a low snarl. In a flash I was standing behind the man.I sniffed him slightly.

'Human...' I thought.

He peaked around the corner of the alley way to snap another picture only to realize that I was no longer there. He slung the camera over his shoulder and started to step out onto the sidewalk.With a quick flash of my hand, I pulled him back and slammed him against the wall. He was terrified.

"Why are you following and taking pictures of me?" I growled through gritted teeth.

"I-I was paid to." he managed to stammer out.

"By who?"

"I don't have a name. He told me to call him The Fox."

I knew exactly who he was. I snarled again.

"Give me the camera."

He handed it to me silently with shaking hands.I quickly removed the SD card and deleted the photos from the camera. I handed it back to him along with a $20 bill.

"Tell him you couldn't get a decent picture."

He nodded silently and made a hasty escape. I let out a sigh and started walking home again.