🔮 🌌 ᵃʷᵃᵏᵉ «todoroki x reader»

// Note: This has light angst!! It just mentions Todoroki's father and the relationship between them. This story is a bit short!! I might add more later. If you have any other requests, let me know, I'll be happy to add//work with the request. \\

It was a cool, quiet night. You found yourself sitting in your dorm. The window was open and crisp, fresh air was blowing throughout your room. A candle sat on your desk, it was lavender and sage. The aroma filled your lungs, it was splendid. On your bed was Shoto Todoroki. The two of you had been studying for a few hours now. You noticed the moon was brighter than usual and took a break, just to look at it's beauty. With a sigh, you looked back at the two-toned male sitting on your bed. He glanced up from his books and papers and simply looked back at his work.

" You should get back to studying. " He huffed in your direction.

" Oh come on; Look at how pretty the moon is. Doesn't it make you wanna drop everything. Just to admire it? " You replied.

He wasn't buying it, Todoroki went back to his studying. Of course; This was always how studying worked. He never took a break, not even to fool around or just talk to you. The past few days it seemed as if Todoroki was just working, studying, eating and showering. You barely saw him sleep. It was a tad strange, seeing how he usually hammered you about going to sleep on time. A small smile tugged at your lips as closed the window, leaving only a few inches open. Todoroki didn't even look up from his spiral notebook, he was scribbling down notes in one book and filling out answers on the other paper.

" You know, I've always been wondering. " You began. Of course, Todoroki finally looked up from his books and gestured for you to continue. " What keeps you up at night? " You questioned.

Todoroki huffed and looked away rather quickly. He continued writing things down as you sat in front of him, placing a hand over his hand. You meant this as a way to get him to stop writing, but it came off in a more caring, or passionate type of manner. The student looked at you with a slightly shocked expression as his eye's darted away from you, then his books, then back at you. He took a large inhale before snapping his hand away from your's. Your eyes widened slightly, why was he being such an assh^le all of a sudden? You stood up and rolled your eyes, this seemed to be stupid.

You always studied together, months ago he wasn't like this. What changed? Your (eyecolor) eye's narrowed as you sat in the windowsill; It was a pretty large windowsill. You enjoyed sitting there and watching the stars. The stars, they twinkled and danced up in the sky, the moon occasionally peering through some clouds. It was peaceful, yet you still felt angry about Todoroki's response to your question. Minutes passed by, as you questioned if you happened to do anything to upset him? Your head turned as a book was closed harshly.

" Things that are stressful. " He said plainly.

"What? " You asked, raising a brow in confusion.

" That's what keeps me up at night. I wonder if I'll end up like him,, or if I'll ever be good enough. " Todoroki informed.

Your legs swung around, off the windowsill and were placed onto the cool, opened flooring. You made your way over to the boy, looking at him with a curious look. Clearly ' him ' was his father, but why would this all be bothering him all of a sudden? A heavy sigh escaped from his mouth as you sat yourself in front of him. You gave him a soft smile, almost to tell him ' go ahead, I'm listening '. Todoroki seemed hesitant, his eyes nervously darted around the room. You had never seen him like this, maybe your comment was insensitive? You were just curious.

" lately I've just been worried. I've seen how my father turned out. I'm worried I'll end up like that. " He explained, his tone getting quiet. " I've had sleepless nights because I can't stop thinking about the things he has done; I'm worried I'll end up like that. " He sneered.

You looked at him, your expression being sympathetic. He looked away from you, not saying anything else.

" Is there anything I can help with? " You asked quietly, moving your gaze away from him.

He kept quiet and looked at the floor. You sighed softly and cupped the side of his cheek. His expression seemed to be a mixture of shock and confusion. After a few seconds, it seemed like he melted into your hand. A small smile spread across your face as he began to be more comfortable around you and your close presence. Your hand stayed on the warm side of his face, you'd only move it away if it made him uncomfortable.

" You can sleep here tonight; If you want to of course. " You offered. " It might be awkward or whatever, but you haven't been sleeping. Maybe me being here with you could help. " You added, a pale pink blush dusting your face. Todoroki stayed quiet, he shifted his gaze from the floor to look at you.

" I mean. Sure. " He replied with a bashful expression. Todoroki was tired anyways, all he had been doing for weeks was studying until he couldn't study any longer. Working on school work seemed be the only thing that kept his mind off of things. With a smile, you moved your hand away and stood up. The window was letting in cold air, since it was later in the night. You made your way over to the window and closed it, pulling down your blinds slightly. You liked to keep them closed only half way, so the moonlight could attempt at peeking through.

Your next move was towards the lavender and sage candle. With one blow, the flame extinguished. The wick sizzled slightly, the crisp end scrunching up as well. You sighed tiredly and looked at your alarm clock. ' 12:45 ' You read to yourself, it was quite late now. With a quiet hum, you turned around to see Todoroki half asleep. You picked up your books and set them on your nearby desk. You offered a small smile to him as he stood up, letting you peel back the covers to your bed.

" Go ahead; You can get in. I just need to get into some pajamas. " You told him before disappearing into your nearby bathroom. ((just assume dorms have bathrooms.))

After getting changed, you walked back towards your bed. Todoroki was out cold. He was placed underneath the silky smooth sheets, snoring quietly. With a small sigh, you climbed into the bed, settling next to him. Your arm reached over to switch off the desk lamp on your nightstand. The light switched off, with a small snap of the switch. You sat back, relaxing your head against your soft pillow case. Quickly, the two-toned boy wrapped his arms around you. You figured he was awake but with a quick examine, he was surely asleep.

He cuddled up to your side and you didn't mind one bit. This was certainly something you would be teasing him about in the morning. You wrapped your arms around him as well, playing with his red and white hair peacefully. After a few minutes went by, your eyelids felt heavy. The moonlight peeked through your half open shade, making this moment all the more peaceful. You yawned, finally moving your hands away from his hair and pulling him closer. Your eyelids finally closed shut as you fell asleep, holding Todoroki close to you.

{word count :: 1307}