Then, a soft but dark chuckle, just like those you would hear in horror movies - not that I had ever seen any. I saw a pair of legs stand still in front of me and another pair next to me.

"Did you really think you could get away?"

"I had my hopes," I said through gritted teeth.

The man in front of me pulled me up by my hair and I screamed from the pain. He noticed I limped on my left leg - the one where I twisted my ankle - and just for fun, the man kicked against it.

"That's for hitting me on the head."

I fell back on the ground while the other man smirked at me and gave another kick but in my stomach this time. I cried out.

"And that's for my nose."

All of a sudden, some commotion happened and I was left in confusion for a moment. I saw a dark figure fall out of the sky and get up to hit the man in front of me in the face. He never saw it coming, as he was just as confused as I was.

When I finally got my thoughts straight, I jumped up and kicked against the knee of the other man, causing him to fall down. Before he could do anything, I kicked again, but now against his head and he stopped struggling. He probably was unconscious.

Next to me, I saw the mysterious figure do the same to the guy he had punched in the face.

Before the skip tracers got up again or the mystery guy could say anything, I ran away as fast as my feet could carry me towards Blaze. I wasn't that far removed. I pushed myself through the thick bushes and before I knew it, I was back on the street again.

"Blaze!"
I screamed her name to find her, only to see her a few meters away from me. I ran again, but when I got closer, I realized I miscalculated. There weren't four skip tracers, there were five. And now I was facing three of them, who had the advantage of having weapons.

I raised my arm to strike my first attack, aimed at the nearest skip tracer. She saw my movement and grabbed a black device from her pocket. I didn't know what it was, but she held it with such confidence that it made me feel threatened.

I quickly yanked it out of her hands. Her face turned into a scared expression, only for a small moment. It wasn't because she lost her weapon, though. I heard someone stopping with running behind me and the short breaths coming from his mouth.

I didn't turn around to acknowledge his presence. Instead, I used him as a distraction while I threw the skip tracer on the ground with the force that I controlled with my mind.

The other skip tracers, who were previously watching the boy, now finally took action.

I saw Blaze in the arms of the farthest woman, but before I could do anything, the person behind me started running forward. I was about to yell that if he was gonna do something, they might do something to my sister, but he stopped about a meter in front of them.

He stretched his hand towards a lamppost and without any warning, small sparks jumped from the boy's hand to it. Its light started burning in an instant and the electricity started to crackle.

Before anyone could do anything, it exploded, making shards fall around us. One skip tracer - the one with the broken arm - went down when I saw a piece of glass enter the man's head.

The last skip tracer, the one holding my sister, was hurt but didn't let go of her. Instead, she pulled out a gun and put it against my sister's head.

"If you do anything, anything at all, I won't hesitate and put a bullet in her head."

I gasped for air when she said it and looked at Blaze's little face. To my surprise, she didn't look scared at all. Instead, she looked determined. Her eyebrows were furrowed and she squeezed her lips together as if she was trying really hard to accomplish something.