Redemption

With a burst of yellow magic, everyone but Jim is pushed away. I crumple on the ground and wheeze as my injuries compound upon themselves. I groan and stumble to my feet. Morgana has Jim in her magic, lifting him up to the sky. 

"Good evening," Morgana chirps as she brings him close to her. "And... good night." She sends him flying across the sky towards the scary, red vortex.

"JIM!" Claire yells as Morgana floats after him, cackling.

"We need to stop her," Blinkus declares. "Claire...."

Claire nods at him and points her staff. It all the sudden takes me by surprise that her and Toby are wearing their armor. "Cool armor," I say lamely. 

Claire grins. "Thanks." She motions to the portal. "Come on, you guys, let's go."

We teleport to Jim, but Claire's magic must have been messed up by Morgana's presence because we arrive too far away to help. But, we can hear them talking. "Jeez, lady," Jim is saying. "What did I ever do to you?"

"Merlin never told you what he used to craft his Amulet, did he?" Morgana hisses. I feel a sudden rush of resentment fill me. My ears ring, and I stagger. The voice telling me to kill the Trollhunter gets ever so slightly louder. "He took my left hand!" She shoots a beam of magic at Jim. "Azazuth! El la zuth!" She shoots a stream of beams at him.

"Claire! Claire!" Toby yells. 

"I've got it!" Claire yells back. She creates another portal and Toby rushes through it. "Come on!" she yells and leads the rest of us to where Morgana is.

As Jim falls off the bridge, Toby rises up from the portal and catches him. "Gotcha!" he crows. 

"WHAT?" yells Morgana. I smile a little at her small defeat.

"He said, 'Gotcha!'" Blinkus cries, holding a dwarkstone in each of his fists. "It's a colloquialism, and a contradiction, you vile troglodyte!" He throws the exploding green rocks at Morgana, who dodges each of them. Aaaarrrgghh leaps up and grabs her feet. He starts punching her. I take the hint and draw back my bow, preparing myself for the fight of a lifetime.

Aaaarrrgghh tosses Morgana into the vortex. I aim my bow. As she comes out, I hit her with an arrow. Then another and another. My training from the countless years spent under her guidance comes to me as I rain attacks on her person.

I pause to regain my lost magic, and Claire picks up where I left off. "Hey M," she yells at Morgana as she jumps from portal to portal. "You and I got some unfinished business!" 

Toby joins the fight and the five of us attack Morgana with all we have. "Insolent things!" Morgana barks. She sounds frustrated. "You are like gnats to me."

For all our attacks, Morgana seems to still be doing fine. I start breathing heavily as the arrows I summon pull more and more energy from me. I can't keep this up for much longer. 

Jim joins the fight, though he is much more weakened than I. His attacks clink off Morgana's armor like the rest of ours, but there are so many of us, I hope that doesn't matter. 

I feel the anger of someone else boiling inside of me. I pause in my arrows. The look on Morgana's face scares me. On instinct, I put on my invisibility and back away. 

"ENOUGH!" Morgana screams and releases a torrent of magic towards the Trollhunters. I make a strangled yelp as my allies are engulfed by it. 

The magic clears, and I sob out when I realize everyone is okay. Or as ok as one can be when they're in magical chains. 

It takes me a minute to realize Jim is not restrained. I think back on when he prevented that torrent of water from engulfing us. Maybe the same thing happened here.