Chapter 9: Guizhong

Start from the beginning

" You both are precious, like gems and diamonds. " Zhongli said, causing Ningguang and I to stop and look at him.

" Sweet talker. No wonder my sister likes you. " Ningguang said and gave me a sly look.

" What!? No! That's not what he meant! " I told Ningguang.

" I can trade her for mora, a million for a night. " Ningguang said with a laugh, I hid my face with the palm of my hand because of embarrassment.

" Dea- "

" You can't even pay for food, Zhongli. " I cut him off with a glare, he then laughed. Ningguang laughed as well.

" Does the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor not pay you enough as their consultant? If you're looking for another job you can keep your eye on my sister for me. " Ningguang said and I just laughed at her.

" I actually hired a bunch this past few years, but they all couldn't handle her. Especially when she's drunk. " Ningguang told Zhongli, I sighed.

" I can handle myself- "

" I'd do it for free. " Zhongli said and I hit his head.

" Haha. Since you can babysit Hu Tao, you can probably handle my sister. " Ningguang cut me off with a chuckle and Zhongli's face became white.

" Hu Tao's not that bad. She just wants to have fun. " I told them, Ningguang's face became white as well.

" By the way, welcome to the Jade Chamber. And being my sister's 'special' guest. You are allowed to take with you whatever you desire to have here. " Ningguang told Zhongli.

" I'll take your sister. " Zhongli said, Ningguang glared at him. I can see Ningguang charging her attack and ready to throw it all unto Zhongli.

" Does it not apply? " Zhongli asked her, Ningguang threw her attacks at him, I immediately went in front of him to shield him and a huge tall monolith shielded the both of us instead.

" Impressive. I think I can trust you with my sister. You're hired. " Ningguang told him and started walking away.

" W-what!? " I yelled at Ningguang.

" Go get ready, will be having a special guest later tonight. " Ningguang told me as she continued to walk away.

" As for you. Do as you please, take care of my sister. " Ningguang said, referring to Zhongli.

" I can't believe you're handing me off just like that! " I groaned in annoyance. She turned around and smiled at both of us.

" May Rex Lapis, be with you. " Ningguang said and started walking off again. Zhongli's eyes widen.

' Does she know? ' I asked myself. I then looked at Zhongli, his eyes are still widened.

" Stop acting so guilty, ' Zhongli'. " I said emphasizing his name, his current name and he finally snapped out of it.

" I better get ready. " I told him.

" I'll wait here. " Zhongli said and I left.

~ Time skip, 2 hours later ~

" Sorry, it really took a while. " I told Zhongli.

" It's okay. I actually had- " Zhongli said with his eyes widen.

" What? Don't look at me like that. I'm not even done yet. " I said with a laugh. Zhongli then took my hand and showed me something.

" This is the Stone dumbbell. " He said and handed it to me. It started glowing brighter and brighter the moment I'm holding it. Zhongli looked at me in awe, I looked at him as well.

" It contains all of her wisdom in it. She once said that I can open it- " Zhongli was cut off of his words when the stone dumbbell flew off my grasp.

 She once said that I can open it- " Zhongli was cut off of his words when the stone dumbbell flew off my grasp

I can feel glowing dust circling around me. Zhongli only stared at me in awe, while I was so confused. My Vision then started glowing, Zhongli noticed it as well.

" What's happening? " I asked him a little worry.

" It's really you... " Zhongli said with his teary eyes as he smiled at me. He slowly went towards me and cupped my face.

" You're back. " He said as he leaned in and kissed me. It felt warm and light, yet heavy at the same time. It's like his sharing all his pain with me, I felt his long yearning... ' for her '.

I parted away from him, it felt awkward. ' That kiss wasn't for me, it's for her. ' I thought to myself, then the stone dumbbell burst to cause sparkles of shining dust.

" Guizhong... " He said and hugged me.

To be honest, it pains me. And what pains me more is because I don't know why. But seeing him smiling at me like that, makes me feel terrible, for his smiles are not meant for me.

But for Guizhong.

Everything was for her.