9. i'm drunk, not stupid.

Start from the beginning

He had briefly seen the text sent out by Stella. That was the last straw with her. He had given her too many chances- he should have ended it properly once the incident with Ricki occurred and he was only realising that as the girl he truly cared about was shrivelled in his embrace. Averie's eyes opened enough to see that Sky had changed into his in-the-field attire. "Why are you in your specialist's uniform?" The sniffles present as she spoke, leaning against the stone instead of the boy- her darkened eyes glaring into his.

"The Burned One they killed wasn't the one that attacked Silva..." As he spoke his words, she rubbed his khaki-covered arm. 

Her eyes erupted in a lilac colour. She wasn't in control of her magic, it was active on its own accord. The boy was alarmed at her sudden influx. Her hand gripping onto his own. Her mind residing to the forest, where to glowing orange eyes met hers. Her hand retracting from his as both of her palms held onto her head. Her throat releasing a groan from the affliction. The male beside her wrapped an arm around her shoulders as her body fully doubled over. 

She knew he was speaking but the ringing present in her ears drowned out the sound of his voice. That ringing turned into shrill pitches, low growls and whistling of the wind sweeping past leaves perched upon the branches of the trees. "Make it stop!" Her gritted, straining vocals rambled out as the surges progressed. Her head began to burn as her nails gripped into the boy's arm. Not long enough to draw blood but long enough to hurt Sky. 

In almost an instant the infliction of agony stopped. Her eyes returning her irises to their natural pigmentation. As her nails unembedded themselves in his forearm, the blonde unwrapped his arms whilst she turned around to the stone centre. Arms outstretched; leaning her weight, as her lungs received an influx on breath. "I think..." Her voice panting, "I know where it is..." 

His eyes looked as her. Knowing that if she were able to sense the Burned One- it would have to be close. His feet sprinted off. As Averie attempted to use her magic to restrain the running boy- she stumbled onto the grass between The Vessel's stand and the stone benches that surrounded it. The chrome of her eyes blinked before she discovered that it wasn't going to work.

First, she worked on standing and then grabbing her phone. 'Stone Circle. Burned One. Need help.' Her fingers typed- before coursing through pelt over to where Sky had ran off to.

Her hair made wet as she passed through the waterfall- but she saw Sky's figure over the other side of the barrier. He heard her weighted stepped and saw her slightly dripping makeup. The lazy footsteps stopped as she stood next to him- the boy handed her duel daggers. "You're actually suicidal..." Her matter-of-fact tone caused him to grin.

"That makes two of us." He held the metal implement that he had become accustomed to fighting with against Silva- the man he was currently determined to save from his inevitable fate. 

His azure orbs witnessed how hers turned violaceous once again. Her body being corresponding with the air around them. Their bodies, once back to back, were now faced in the same direction. That's when the hairs on the back of neck itched. Pricking up, causing a sensation of dread. "It's behind us!" Her voice yelled out as the hissing became apparent and that same charcoal coloured being lunged towards the two, swinging its talons in a sideswiping motion. Both convinced that they had dodged it- but adrenaline can have that painless effect.

Sky's sword ripped through its horrid, scarred flesh- the blonde regaining his stance as the Burned One turned its focus towards the air fairy. It knew her presence. Knew her attack formations and magical abilities. The creatures weren't as brainless as they seemed and she knew that. Under all of the ash and charred vision used to be a warrior of the highest calibre- which is why she would attempt to remain at arms-length to the beast.